spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Carpie
join:2012-10-19
united state

Carpie

Gold runs

Anyone have any good gold run areas they'd like to share?

mettachain
Goblineer
join:2011-09-27
Azeroth

mettachain

For a fee. Being a goblineer has it's prices.

Check out stormspire.net
Cptbeatstix
join:2011-12-21
Carrollton, TX

Cptbeatstix to Carpie

to Carpie
If you can do it, solo run AQ20 and MC. Its roughly about 400-600g if you loot everything. Besides that, just do dailies if you don't have professions making you gold.

mettachain
Goblineer
Azeroth

mettachain

Ah, but there is a certain 2 mobs in one of those instances that are on instant respawns and have a high chance of dropping coveted t-mog items. If you sit in there killing these two mobs you can easily net over 10k an hour. This, I have done multiple times. And I will not give this location or mobs away.

Bradzor
join:2010-02-16
Ballwin, MO

Bradzor

said by mettachain:

Ah, but there is a certain 2 mobs in one of those instances that are on instant respawns and have a high chance of dropping coveted t-mog items. If you sit in there killing these two mobs you can easily net over 10k an hour. This, I have done multiple times. And I will not give this location or mobs away.

why would you not?

I AM
Premium Member
join:2010-04-11
Ephrata, PA

I AM

Premium Member

Because it is the way of the internetz!

TheThing
join:2012-08-10

TheThing to Bradzor

to Bradzor
speaking in the forums, is like shouting into the black whole which is the google! who knows what beings will hear such things

these matters are discussed in whispers next to a nice fireplace... while holding hands

Skittles
Premium Member
join:2011-03-31

Skittles to Bradzor

Premium Member

to Bradzor
Because he is a douche at times...we all have our moments. But he is referring to AQ 20. There are 2 "buggy" mobs in AQ 20, which will respawn instantly after death, as long as you don't kill the 2nd boss.
They are the doorway guards to the 3rd boss. They can drop:

Glorious, Exalted, Magnificent greenswhich sell well on AH.
They can also drop:
Shin Blade - samurai sword
Blade of Hanna- samurai sword
Elemental Mage Staff
Staff of Hale Magefire
Skullflame Shield -these sell very well.

You're welcome America.
Cptbeatstix
Carrollton, TX

Cptbeatstix

You just cursed me to hours of farming this.......

mettachain
Goblineer
Azeroth

mettachain to Skittles

to Skittles
way to go. privileged information given to the "people." you think you've helped people, but like all things, too much of something is bad.

Skittles
Premium Member

Skittles to Cptbeatstix

Premium Member

to Cptbeatstix
used to do it on my rogue in Cata.....good bank.
Skittles

Skittles to mettachain

Premium Member

to mettachain
anything to spoil your day ;0)

mettachain
Goblineer
Azeroth

mettachain

i must've offended you deeply at one point on here. i'm glad i made that lasting impression.

TheThing

TheThing to Carpie

to Carpie
it'll be hot-fixed by the time you get home!

Skittles
Premium Member

Skittles to mettachain

Premium Member

to mettachain
no. not really. I think you're a funny guy. Im just jerking your chain.

Nick D
Premium Member
join:2010-02-04
Orange, CA

Nick D

Premium Member

said by Skittles:

no. not really. I think you're a funny guy. Im just jerking your chain.

mettaphorically speaking.

mettachain
Goblineer
Azeroth

mettachain to Skittles

to Skittles
there will be no jerking of chains here, it's all srs bzns

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok to Carpie

Premium Member

to Carpie
Gold runs? You mean LFR, cuz that's all I get out of it.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

said by Krisnatharok:

I laughed then I cried.

Savious
Premium Member
join:2012-03-05
Billings, MT

Savious to Carpie

Premium Member

to Carpie
I enjoyed running strath as allies for barons mount. Its not really cool as horde because it looks exactly the same as the undead. But it was fun sitting on an undead horse in dalaran as a night elf.

TheThing

TheThing to Jobbie

to Jobbie
said by Jobbie:

said by Krisnatharok:

I laughed then I cried.

^
lol, funniest quote of the day!

tears of joy quickly turned into tears of sorrow...

Goldheart
join:2002-06-09
Las Cruces, NM

Goldheart to Carpie

to Carpie
said by Carpie:

Anyone have any good gold run areas they'd like to share?

Bathroom?

Caelharrad
join:2012-04-13
Fenton, MO

Caelharrad to Cptbeatstix

to Cptbeatstix
said by Cptbeatstix:

If you can do it, solo run AQ20 and MC. Its roughly about 400-600g if you loot everything. Besides that, just do dailies if you don't have professions making you gold.

I used to solo MC on a regular basis, and I would indeed pull down about 500 gold per run. However - with the changes in the last patch (no longer need to be in raid group to enter pre-MoP raid), didn't they also nerf/fix the amount of gold that bosses drop to be scaled to the number of people in the instance? (So, for instance, if Ragnaros used to drop 160 gold at the end of a 40-man instance, if you solo MC now Ragnaros will give you 160/40 = 4 gold.)
Or, was that change only discussed and not actually implemented?

Goldheart
join:2002-06-09
Las Cruces, NM

Goldheart to Carpie

to Carpie
Seriously though, I would probably just farm the troggs in Deepholme for cloth on a tailor toon along with a potion of treasure finding. Lots of chests = tons of mats, plus greens, trash for gold. I recall making 2 or 3K gold per hour not counting sales of mats.
Cptbeatstix
Carrollton, TX

Cptbeatstix to Caelharrad

to Caelharrad
I go with empty bags and kill every mob and loot them. I occassionally get a blood of the mountain(sells for about 1k). But I'm making 400-600g a week depending on what I get of trash mobs. With my warrior as prot, I just gather a crap load of mobs and beat them to a pulp. With the trash from magmadar, I just gather all the hounds, Dragon's Roar, Shockwave and thunderclap. Most die and then cleave what ever is left.

eve8
Premium Member
join:2003-01-02
Alexandria, VA

eve8 to Carpie

Premium Member

to Carpie
If you haven't done any of the Knights of the Ebon Blade quest chain, there's an area just SW of the Ebon Hold that has infinitely respawning mobs. With the tailoring buff, you can pick up quite a bit of Frostweave Cloth after only a few minutes.

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium Member
join:2000-08-05
united state

Snakeoil to Carpie

Premium Member

to Carpie
Thanks to the holiday cooking task, small eggs are going for anywheres from 1 gold to 10 gold, per egg. At least on my server.

They can be farmed in westfall or red ridge. Not bad money for the ah/bank alts to go make.

Tweakbl
join:2008-09-25
Rosedale, WV

Tweakbl to Caelharrad

to Caelharrad
Yep they nerfed the gold drops on bosses. But Greys and junk epics still add up.

Also for years MC was the only instance that did not require you to be in a Raid to enter. Literally Pre Cata it was like this. Now with 5.1 all the others are like MC to.

stonhinge
Premium Member
join:2003-07-28
Topeka, KS

stonhinge

Premium Member

Fun fact: I was attuning my monk to MC (actually, i went in there initially for Ghostshroud, and figured, what the hell - might as well), and found out that the raid entrance inside BRD ..... no longer works. At all. Actually, i didn't test it in a raid group. but I didn't get the message. So instead of walking my ass out, I queued for a scenario. Probably would have spent the same amount of time walking out as I did in the scenario. Even with the maps they have now.

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium Member
join:2000-08-05
united state

Snakeoil to Carpie

Premium Member

to Carpie
I was going to work tailoring on a toon tonight. Sadly the silk cloth that it need was listed at 75 to 100 gold in the AH.

So instead I logged on my hunter and made a run through Uldaman. I managed to nabb about 120 silk, and I think I need more [training healing on all my toons]. So I'll be making at least 1 run a day for a while.
My hunter is lev 90, no pet at his side. Was able to clear Uldaman in about 1 hour 45 minutes on my 1st run. So hopefully I'll pick up speed as I go along.

And yes, I do my best to avoid buying from AH, but I don't mind selling [and under cutting so my stuff sells].