Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Rogers Portable ..

[Baseball] Official ~ 2013 Toronto Blue Jays Thread

I know it's a little early, but the 2012 season is long gone and hopefully out of our collective memories - the disaster that it was.

Many holes have been filled by GM AA, and currently the Jays are the favourite to go all the way. Of course, nothing in life is guaranteed, but the upcoming season looks very promising.

The Jays latest acquisition, R.A. Dickey, a knuckleballer, might very well prove to be one of the better trades, although we did lose a lot of 'prospects' in the end.

I'll did my poll a little different this year too.

I think that covers everything.

Discuss!

Also, would be great if they do go all the way, this thread will get very busy with 'fans'.
--
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. - Albert Einstein

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21

I'll be happy if they win the wild card and play in the division series.
--
F**K THE NHL. Go Blue Jays 2013!!!

J E F F
Premium
Kitchener, ON
Reviews:
·Rogers Portable ..

said by HiVolt:

I'll be happy if they win the wild card and play in the division series.

We'll take anything at this point.

I'd be surprised if they didn't make the wild card.

As it stands, I think Baltimore was just lucky last year and won't repeat. Boston is rebuilding. Yankee's are getting OLD and Jeter and A-Rod are both questionable, as is Andy Petit. Not sure about Tampa, but I think the Jays are better. At least now they have some depth...
--
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. - Albert Einstein

J E F F
Premium
Kitchener, ON
Reviews:
·Rogers Portable ..
reply to HiVolt

Thought I'd fill in some information.

Darren Oliver is returning.

I guess he figured that he might have 1 more good year, and why not win a ring in the process.'

»toronto.bluejays.mlb.com/video/p···c_id=tor
--

FFH
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
kudos:5
reply to J E F F

Projections for MLB 2013 season:
»www.rlyw.net/index.php/RLYW/comm···ojected_

J E F F
Premium
Kitchener, ON

26 game difference between first and worst....they have them pretty close!

HiVolt
Premium
Toronto, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable

said by J E F F:

26 game difference between first and worst....they have them pretty close!

Hehe, 91 wins would be pretty sweet.
--

J E F F
Premium
Kitchener, ON
Reviews:
·Rogers Portable ..

Spring training officially starts today.

As Brandon Morrow said:

quote:
We were, I think, hopefully optimistic last year. But I think this year we expect to win, that's the difference,"

--

FaxCap

join:2002-05-25
Surrey, BC
Reviews:
·Shaw
reply to J E F F

I don't follow baseball like I used to but my bro-inlaw is a huge ball
fan. He told me he thinks the Jays have a very very strong team this
year and could easily go deep into the playoffs and maybe win the
whole thing. He's been a Yankees fan for 60+ years and for him to
talk about the Jays in glowing terms tells me something.

FaxCap

J E F F
Premium
Kitchener, ON
Reviews:
·Rogers Portable ..

Well..this is certainly interesting.

Paul Beeston is saying that the Jays will have real grass in the Dome, sooner if the Argo's find new digs.

This is huge news. Just from watching the game, real grass always looks WAY better.

I think the next few years for this team are going to be a lot like their 1983-1993, those 11 years when the Jays always meant something.
--

J E F F
Premium
Kitchener, ON
Reviews:
·Rogers Portable ..

Windows Restaurant is shuttered...

Not a surprise:

»o.canada.com/2013/03/06/toronto-···taurant/

I see a lot of potential for that place if they can do things right...but first I want real grass.
--

HiVolt
Premium
Toronto, ON

I wonder when there will be a talk of replacing the Skydome in favour of something new. I think it'll still have to be some sort of dome though.
--

HiVolt
Premium
Toronto, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable

So Ricky Romero has been sent to Single A...

Talk about a fall from grace... Ricky has been brutal this spring along with last year...

He was never a "pretty" pitcher... His shit was all over the place and he needed to work hard to be good...
--

dirtyjeffer
Anons on ignore, but not due to fear.
Premium
join:2002-02-21
London, ON
reply to J E F F

Re: [Baseball] Official ~ 2013 Toronto Blue Jays Thread

well, the Jays spring training record was pretty crappy...that's a good sign...the last few years, they owned every team and went something like 18-4...then shit the bed when the games started to count.

grrr
Premium
join:2001-06-16
Scarborough, ON
reply to J E F F

Re: Windows Restaurant is shuttered...

said by J E F F:

...but first I want real grass.

I'd say that installing natural turf will be a huge improvement to the House of Robbers.

Putting real grass in the Rogers Center is easy enough. The big issue is the installation of a proper drainage system and a natural lighting system. The Argos will have to find another home, as well.

There was talk awhile back about building a 30,000 to 40,000 seat open air baseball only stadium, which would be great if we were in Southern California. Oh, and if we had funding to build this stadium.

HiVolt
Premium
Toronto, ON

Real grass isn't coming for a few years... They first have to find a home for the Argos.
--

daeron

join:2012-05-11
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..

said by HiVolt:

Real grass isn't coming for a few years... They first have to find a home for the Argos.

Heard on prime time sports the goal is to have grass between 2015 and 2018...so not for awhile. Beeston did say it was coming though, just a matter of when.

HiVolt
Premium
Toronto, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable

said by daeron:

said by HiVolt:

Heard on prime time sports the goal is to have grass between 2015 and 2018...so not for awhile. Beeston did say it was coming though, just a matter of when.

Yep, i watched that same interview... It's not an easy project in a dome...
--

J E F F
Premium
Kitchener, ON
Reviews:
·Rogers Portable ..

Not easy at all, but Robbers realizes now that a good team is money in the bag for them. Make a decent place out of SkyDome, it's even more attractive. Real grass will be a real winner for the Jays in the end.
--

J E F F
Premium
Kitchener, ON
Reviews:
·Rogers Portable ..
reply to dirtyjeffer

Re: [Baseball] Official ~ 2013 Toronto Blue Jays Thread

True, spring training games are pretty meaningless. Jays went 13-18 and 11-19 in 1992 and 1993 for spring training..then went on to win the World Series both years.

Good thing they sent Romero down to the minors...it will be a tough, tough lesson for him, but he'll come back a much stronger pitcher. His game yesterday still wasn't great, his ERA worked out to 6.23 for that game, which is a good game for him, but it would be bad anywhere else.
--

J E F F
Premium
Kitchener, ON

Game Day!

This is going to be an awesome year for this team!

HiVolt
Premium
Toronto, ON

They better not stumble in the early goings, or there will be some angry fans!
--

J E F F
Premium
Kitchener, ON
Reviews:
·Rogers Portable ..

said by HiVolt:

They better not stumble in the early goings, or there will be some angry fans!

Oh man...no guarantee they're going to win 10 of the first 5, but that's what everyone is expecting. I think if the Jays don't win 27-0 with RA pitching a perfect game, they'll be some upset fans.
--

digitalfutur
Sees More Than Shown
Premium
join:2000-07-15
BurlingtonON
kudos:2
reply to HiVolt

First stumble, a 4-1 loss to the lowly Cleveland Indians. Money talks !

HiVolt
Premium
Toronto, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable

Yep, couldnt cash in early, two double plays that left a lot of runners on, then their pitcher settled down...

And boy, Arencibia was having a real hard time with that knuckler... I dont know why they just dont let the other catcher play when Dickey throws...
--

ZZZZZZZ
Premium
join:2001-05-27
PARADISE

Same problem as last year when they left tons of runners on base...........but it is the 1st game.

I wouldn't want to try and hit that knuckle ball.
--
Sarcasm is the body’s natural defense against stupidity.

digitalfutur
Sees More Than Shown
Premium
join:2000-07-15
BurlingtonON
kudos:2

It's the 2nd game, and 0-2...9 hits in 2 games.

Wolfie00
My dog is an elitist
Premium
join:2005-03-12
kudos:8

Not much of a baseball fan but I did catch the second half of that game. To be fair, it did go to 11 innings. Still, there was so much buzz about this season that it's a disappointing start.

BTW, earlier in the day the CBC sportscaster had announced, "and the Jays meet Cleveland again tonight at the Air Canada Centre"! He had just been talking about hockey so we'll forgive him, but that would have been an interesting game to see!

J E F F
Premium
Kitchener, ON
Reviews:
·Rogers Portable ..

Damn, this has been a great game to watch tonight. Pitching has sucked on both ends, but Jays are up 9-6...5 HR's by the Jays so far, 8 RBI's via HR's, one manufactured run.
--

ZZZZZZZ
Premium
join:2001-05-27
PARADISE

Offense shouldn't be a problem this year.........but pitching is still questionable to me.

We'll see..........still too early.
--
Sarcasm is the body’s natural defense against stupidity.