All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
alan92rttt
join:2012-02-27

alan92rttt to mogamer

to mogamer

Re: Cisco 8642 hddvr

Have you considered just getting the Ultra service? Might be cheaper in the long run. I've had it for almost a year and My with and I are happy with it.
mogamer
join:2011-04-20
Royal Oak, MI

mogamer

said by alan92rttt:

Have you considered just getting the Ultra service? Might be cheaper in the long run. I've had it for almost a year and My with and I are happy with it.

I've thought about it. But I would lose my modem discount and then still have to use my current router because the gateway has pathetic wireless strength.

On a side note, I bought a Tivo Series 2 w/lifetime last night for $50 for the bedroom tv. That means I qualify for the multi-Tivo discount. The monthly fee on a new Premiere unit would be $12.99 instead of $14.99. So going with a Tivo plus HTPC would cost around $8.50 less per month compard to UltraTV. Not a lot, but that will pay for a Netflix dvd by mail subscription to go along with my streaming sub.
baess
join:2011-01-28

baess

said by mogamer:

On a side note, I bought a Tivo Series 2 w/lifetime last night for $50 for the bedroom tv.

I haven't done a lot of research but that seems like a real good price. Where did you get it?
mogamer
join:2011-04-20
Royal Oak, MI

mogamer

said by baess:

said by mogamer:

On a side note, I bought a Tivo Series 2 w/lifetime last night for $50 for the bedroom tv.

I haven't done a lot of research but that seems like a real good price. Where did you get it?

I found it off of Detroit craigslist. Yes, that is a good price. They're usually $100 - $125 with lifetime. I have it connected to an OTA digital converter box and it looks fine on a sd crt tv. And I'll keep it just for the fact that I'm now able to get the multi-Tivo subscription discount.
grantsa4
join:2007-08-15
Naperville, IL

grantsa4 to mogamer

to mogamer
said by mogamer:

said by alan92rttt:

I've thought about it. But I would lose my modem discount and then still have to use my current router because the gateway has pathetic wireless strength.

On a side note, I bought a Tivo Series 2 w/lifetime last night for $50 for the bedroom tv. That means I qualify for the multi-Tivo discount. The monthly fee on a new Premiere unit would be $12.99 instead of $14.99. So going with a Tivo plus HTPC would cost around $8.50 less per month compard to UltraTV. Not a lot, but that will pay for a Netflix dvd by mail subscription to go along with my streaming sub.

Nice job on the $50 - that is a great deal! I have one in my bedroom as well w/lifetime and a lifetime HD downstairs