share rss forum feed

Teddy Boom
k kudos Received
Premium
join:2007-01-29
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
reply to resa1983

Re: Update on matching Rogers new speeds?

Another Whoa...

In the TN29 cover letter, Rogers proposes the complete withdrawal of 18 and 28 service on April 16th 2013.

Rogers notes that under the terms of Telecom Decisions CRTC 99-8, 2006-77 and 2010-632, and related rulings, Rogers’ obligation is to make TPIA services available to competitors at speeds that match the speeds we offer to our retail Internet service end-users. Rogers has no obligation to make available through TPIA any access speeds that we do not offer to our own retail end-users. This fact should be sufficient to justify approval of the current tariff notice.
Of course they also propose denying non-aggregated access to the replacement speeds. That means they propose reducing Teksavvy and Distributel (aka Acanac, CIA, 3web) to only offering 6mbit service as of April 16th!
(existing customers grandfathered of course)

I can't be the first to notice this?!!?
--
electronicsguru.ca

resa1983
Premium
join:2008-03-10
North York, ON
kudos:10

Essentially that'd be saying to TPIA "You can't sign up new customers unless they're on Aggregated".

Which wouldn't be allowed.
--
Battle.net Tech Support MVP

Teddy Boom
k kudos Received
Premium
Toronto, ON
reply to Teddy Boom

And more good stuff

Rogers currently has 4 TPIA customers who have 1,680 end-users in total on 18, 28 and 32 Mbps aggregated POI TPIA services.
Now there are 4 aggregated TPIAs?

Edit: On further consideration.. Rogers has 4 aggregated TPIAs, 3 of whom account for all 7 customers currently on 75mbit via a TPIA provider.
--
electronicsguru.ca

Teddy Boom
k kudos Received
Premium
Toronto, ON
reply to resa1983

said by resa1983:

Essentially that'd be saying to TPIA "You can't sign up new customers unless they're on Aggregated".

Well, sure.. But, I am reading that right, aren't I? I haven't noticed anybody pointing that out anywhere, and it sure seems relevant with respect to forcing non-aggregated access to new speeds.
--
electronicsguru.ca

resa1983
Premium
join:2008-03-10
North York, ON
kudos:10

1 recommendation

said by Teddy Boom:

said by resa1983:

Well, sure.. But, I am reading that right, aren't I? I haven't noticed anybody pointing that out anywhere, and it sure seems relevant with respect to forcing non-aggregated access to new speeds.

Yeah, you're reading that right I think..

But, I think everyone's banking on the Part 1 for TN28.. If these aren't 'new speed tiers' then the withdrawl of 'old' tiers is moot.

What I submitted to the CRTC on its own should be enough to show they're not 'new speed tiers', but rather upgrades to tiers. They don't have to provide upgrades to tiers after February 2012, but its possible that since Rogers provided the upgraded speeds to their own customers in November 2011, they SHOULD have also given them to TPIA at the same time, and they'll be given retroactively.
--
Battle.net Tech Support MVP