spc
Search similar:

uniqs

JLR
join:2001-01-28
Auburndale, FL

JLR

[Tampa] Might lose WFLA CH8?

I just saw a banner scroll across my screen saying Brighthouse will be dropping WFLA CH8 on Jan 1st. Anyone
know why?
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

Hello JLR,

For more information please visit »onyourside.brighthouse.c ··· bay.html

Dawn Morris
@bhn.net

Dawn Morris to JLR

Anon

to JLR
please don't drop wfla channel 8 i have been with you for many many years i will leave your company in a heartbeat just to get my channel 8

Murph
@bhn.net

Murph to JLR

Anon

to JLR
What is this I am hearing about WFLA TV being dropped by Bright
House? WFLA is the local NBC affiliate is this some silly dispute
with NBC? Nightly News is the # 1 in the USA.

You recently moved the Golf Channel off regular cable. Golf is
also owned by NBC, what's going on here???

The Murphy's
Sun City Centre

barbdyell
@bhn.net

barbdyell to Dawn Morris

Anon

to Dawn Morris
PLEASE don't drop wfla. I love Bright House and Ch.8, but I will change my inter net, cable and landline to another cable company, if yoy lose Ch. 8.

rbmoving
@bhn.net

rbmoving

Anon

You should also contact Channel 8 and let them know that you are tried of seeing your cable bill go up every year because they...Channel 8 and NBC want cable providers to pay more to carry their channel. All network increases always flow to our Cable bills in the form of increases. At some point all cable providers need to say NO to price increases...this is a situation where we the end users have no say but....we end up paying the higher cost. The Banner you see on Channel 8 is meant to make watchers think its all on the Cable providers, its not....
regularjoe
join:2012-11-11

regularjoe to Murph

to Murph
said by Murph :

What is this I am hearing about WFLA TV being dropped by Bright
House? WFLA is the local NBC affiliate is this some silly dispute
with NBC? Nightly News is the # 1 in the USA.

You recently moved the Golf Channel off regular cable. Golf is
also owned by NBC, what's going on here???

The Murphy's
Sun City Centre

Yes, move to another provider and when they are up for re negotiations tell them you will leave them as well, because that will solve everything. People answer to this posts like it is some kind of conspiracy from Bright House. Threatening Bright House or whoever your provider is does not help in any way.
HDOrlando
join:2011-11-30

HDOrlando to JLR

to JLR
We had this same stuff happen with our NBC Affiliate WESH 2 during the summer.

This stuff happens whether you have Cable, Satelite or telco.

Our NBC Affiliate was off the air for 10-11 days and then back on.

A last minute deal could be reached but even if it is not, the dispute will not last long.

rbmoving
@bhn.net

rbmoving

Anon

What is my opinion is really disgusting and misleading in the Channel 8 Banner....it simply reads Channel 8 will no longer carry the channel after 1/1/13.....it reads nothing about the reason...which is, Channel 8 and NBC want more MONEY from BHN customers to allow BHN to carry their channel. Why won't Channel 8 in their Banner that is getting real annoying, print the entire facts.....that is because they rather let the Public think the entire fault lies with BHN.....Channel 8, if you are going to annoy me with Facts running across my screen....tell the WHOLE TRUTH!

dromeo
@bhn.net

dromeo to JLR

Anon

to JLR
Please don't drop WFLA Ch. 8 and METV Ch. 8.2 from your lineup. I hope all parties involved in this dispute can settle things amicably before the 1/1/13 deadline.
Debbie
Lakeland, Fl.

debbie slagl
@bhn.net

debbie slagl to JLR

Anon

to JLR
I'm from Brandon Fl. and I do not want to lose viewing of WFLA. My fav shows come on this channel and if brighthouse chooses to drop them I may choose to go back to Verizon. I ask that you guys come up with a deal you can both live with.

little giant
@bhn.net

little giant to JLR

Anon

to JLR
I'm getting tired of the high cost of the monthly bill. I don't watch channel 8 during the day because it is awful planning of programs but I do watch Jay Leno and Jimmy Fallon at night. Therefore, if Channel 8 is dropped, I will drop Bright House.

Sad
@bhn.net

Sad to JLR

Anon

to JLR
Please don't take this station. I will drop Brighthouse cable if they do take it away.
Expand your moderator at work

Lesla
@myvzw.com

Lesla to JLR

Anon

to JLR

Re: [Tampa] Might lose WFLA CH8?

Why do all favorite channels go away only because terms cannot be agreed upon-if this NBC channel goes away, I will go away too!

SAD
@bhn.net

SAD to JLR

Anon

to JLR
Please do not drop WFLA. I am calling Verizon right now. I am sorry to switch after 12 years, but WFLA is my primary news station. Brighthousee needs to figure this out.

phyllis
@crowncars.com

phyllis to JLR

Anon

to JLR

Please don't drop channel 8. I have been watching channel 8 for 48 years. I don't know if I would continue with Brighthouse if this happens.

dorothy Tass
@verizon.net

dorothy Tass to JLR

Anon

to JLR

Please do not cancel Channel 81 I am a widow & cannot go out much so your channel is my friend & enjoyment. Please keep channel 8 going!

rbmoving
@bhn.net

rbmoving

Anon

Sure hope those that want to see Channel 8 remain are also contacting Channel 8.... This issue is all about MONEY...and again. I'll repeat, when BHN gives in and pays more MONEY to channel 8...that increase is pasted along to customers. Will those of you who have written saying you will leave BHN if Channel 8 is dropped.....if BHN agrees to pay higher Fees, and, increases your cable Bill....will you also be writing to say you'll leave BHN due to the increase in your monthly Bill? I for one Have written Channel 8 and asked them to tell the whole truth in their annoying banner. They simply are making viewers think that this is all on BHN....people...BHN is trying to Protect us and avoiding price hikes.......

tosca02
@rr.com

tosca02 to JLR

Anon

to JLR
We just got Brighthouse ..please don't drop WFLA CH8!

wmbooker65
@bhn.net

wmbooker65 to JLR

Anon

to JLR
please dont drop channel 8 because me & my famil have been watching it for years

KENNY SMITH
@bhn.net

KENNY SMITH to JLR

Anon

to JLR
i'm with half the world, DON'T DROP WFLA----DON'T DROP
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to JLR

Premium Member

to JLR
For more information please visit »onyourside.brighthouse.c ··· bay.html
Art Deco
join:2011-04-27

Art Deco to JLR

to JLR
As others have said, these things always work themselves out, either just before or just after the deadline. Both sides should be motivated to work out a deal - with Bright House being the largest cable company in the area, Channel 8's ratings would go in the toilet without carriage while Bright House will be dealing with an increasingly irate customer base.

What I can't stand is how both sides try to enlist the consumer in their war. It's not my job to pressure your corporate negotiating partner, and I sincerely doubt consumer complaints have any bearing on these type of disputes. It's a game of corporate chicken, and it doesn't end until one side blinks or the other gets reasonable, not by consumers yelling at one side or the other.

Ferrell
@bhn.net

Ferrell to JLR

Anon

to JLR
If our channel WFLA is dropped, then I will be forced to change Cable Companies. Please, do NOT drop WFLA.

JAXBO
@rr.com

JAXBO

Anon

MY WIFE AND I HAVE BEEN WATCHING CHANNEL 8 FOR YEARS. A LOT OF OUR FAVORITE SHOWS INCLUDING JAY LENO ARE ON THIS STATION. PLEASE WE BEG YOU NOT TO LET CHANNEL 8 GO. YOU ARE ALL GROWUPS, SO CANT WE COME TO SOME KIND OF AN AGREEMENT THAT WOULD SATIFLY EVERYONE. BETWEEN YOU AND OUR GOVERNMENT I AM GOING CRAZY. SO PLEASSSSSSSSSSE KEEP CHANNEL 8 ON THE AIR. THANK YOU

BAILEY
@bhn.net

BAILEY to Dawn Morris

Anon

to Dawn Morris
Please do not drop WFLA CH 8 Bradenton, FL

Too popular

Frustrated
@bhn.net

Frustrated to JLR

Anon

to JLR
Haven't we lost enough channels, now WFLA.
Haven't seem compensation for less channels.
At this rate Brighthouse obviously doesn't want to keep their customers.
Guess I'll be going to Verizon