how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

rbmoving

@bhn.net
reply to dorothy Tass

Re: [Tampa] Might lose WFLA CH8?

Sure hope those that want to see Channel 8 remain are also contacting Channel 8.... This issue is all about MONEY...and again. I'll repeat, when BHN gives in and pays more MONEY to channel 8...that increase is pasted along to customers. Will those of you who have written saying you will leave BHN if Channel 8 is dropped.....if BHN agrees to pay higher Fees, and, increases your cable Bill....will you also be writing to say you'll leave BHN due to the increase in your monthly Bill? I for one Have written Channel 8 and asked them to tell the whole truth in their annoying banner. They simply are making viewers think that this is all on BHN....people...BHN is trying to Protect us and avoiding price hikes.......

tosca02

@rr.com
reply to JLR

We just got Brighthouse ..please don't drop WFLA CH8!

wmbooker65

@bhn.net
reply to JLR

please dont drop channel 8 because me & my famil have been watching it for years

KENNY SMITH

@bhn.net
reply to JLR

i'm with half the world, DON'T DROP WFLA----DON'T DROP

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:138
reply to JLR

For more information please visit »onyourside.brighthouse.com/conte···bay.html

Art Deco

join:2011-04-27
reply to JLR

As others have said, these things always work themselves out, either just before or just after the deadline. Both sides should be motivated to work out a deal - with Bright House being the largest cable company in the area, Channel 8's ratings would go in the toilet without carriage while Bright House will be dealing with an increasingly irate customer base.

What I can't stand is how both sides try to enlist the consumer in their war. It's not my job to pressure your corporate negotiating partner, and I sincerely doubt consumer complaints have any bearing on these type of disputes. It's a game of corporate chicken, and it doesn't end until one side blinks or the other gets reasonable, not by consumers yelling at one side or the other.

Ferrell

@bhn.net
reply to JLR

If our channel WFLA is dropped, then I will be forced to change Cable Companies. Please, do NOT drop WFLA.

JAXBO

@rr.com

MY WIFE AND I HAVE BEEN WATCHING CHANNEL 8 FOR YEARS. A LOT OF OUR FAVORITE SHOWS INCLUDING JAY LENO ARE ON THIS STATION. PLEASE WE BEG YOU NOT TO LET CHANNEL 8 GO. YOU ARE ALL GROWUPS, SO CANT WE COME TO SOME KIND OF AN AGREEMENT THAT WOULD SATIFLY EVERYONE. BETWEEN YOU AND OUR GOVERNMENT I AM GOING CRAZY. SO PLEASSSSSSSSSSE KEEP CHANNEL 8 ON THE AIR. THANK YOU

BAILEY

@bhn.net
reply to Dawn Morris

Please do not drop WFLA CH 8 Bradenton, FL

Too popular

Frustrated

@bhn.net
reply to JLR

Haven't we lost enough channels, now WFLA.
Haven't seem compensation for less channels.
At this rate Brighthouse obviously doesn't want to keep their customers.
Guess I'll be going to Verizon

warrenb

@bhn.net
reply to JLR

Don't drop WFLA, channel 8 or we will switch to another carrier

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to JLR

»onyourside.brighthouse.com/conte···bay.html

HDOrlando

join:2011-11-30
kudos:1
reply to JLR

You guys should not have a cow over this.

It happens everywhere and even if it is pulled, it will not be off for long.

Have confidence here although I know what a pain these disputes can be,

Bonnie

@bhn.net
reply to JLR

We have been watching channel 8 forever. It is our favorite channel for news sports, weekly programing and etc. If this channel is dropped, we will look for another cable service,

fatgator

@bhn.net
reply to JLR

Please do not drop the TV station wfla-8. Thank you.

sellet

@bhn.net
reply to JLR

Do not block WFLA News Channel 8. We will have to drop Bright House cable if you do

Ziroc

join:2008-11-10
Lakeland, FL
reply to JLR

I say DROP WFLA.. If they are trying to ask from an unfair amount of money for a new contract, especially under the financial times we live in, WE would pay for it, as Brighthouse would have to raise rates to cover the WFLA increase. Don't fall for it..

We can do without WFLA... trust me, they will come crawling back to Brighthouse.. I'm shocked WFLA want such an increase during such a bad ecomomy.. sheesh.

brooklyn Joe

@bhn.net
reply to JLR

If you drop channel 8 I can hear fios calling
my wife has watched her soap for 48 years
and doesn't intend to stop

Ziroc

join:2008-11-10
Lakeland, FL

Well, Fios will soon also be renewing their contract with WFLA.. so this isn't just a brighthouse issue.. ALL carriers will be sent this increase from WFLA. Do you think they'll all just say "Sure, we'll pay it", or just agree and forward the cost increase to the customers? Don't let greedy companies win! Bright house is doing the right thing. If you give in, ALL the networks will increase prices when contracts renew... then we're all in deep doo-doo.

HDOrlando

join:2011-11-30

Very well said.

This crap happens across the country. TWC/BHN is holding firm. I think a deal will be done but at worst, it would be off for a week or two at the most and then a deal will get struck.

I do hate these garbage tactics the stations use to get everyone up in arms with the lines running across newscasts and shows when there deal is up and want a large renewal fee.

When we had the Fox deal up in Orlando and I believe in Tampa Bay too on New year's a few year's ago, it was a waiting game for a whole day with a bunch of three hour extensions.

It's very frustrating and hopefully this will end soon for all of you.

lsr

@bhn.net
reply to Bonnie

please do not drop channel 8 i have been watching it for years. thank you so much lsr

Tomsue69

@bhn.net
reply to JLR

If WFLA is dropped and/or Brighthouse costs go up again, I will find another cable company.

Dr L

@bhn.net
reply to JLR

Don't drop Chanel 8. It is the best chnnel on Brighthouse TV. I do not lke your threats. You have an obligation to the public to keep us connected to the outside world in the form we choose. I choose WFLA.

Nayan

join:2012-08-15
Melbourne, FL
Reviews:
·Bright House
reply to Tomsue69

So, you find another company and things are all good for awhile until another dispute happens. Folks, these things happen all the time and even if you went with another company there is no guarantee they will not drop that, or any other channel. Dish and AMC, DirecTV and the Viacom suite, Brighthouse and WESH, Brighthouse and WFLA, disputes happen and get resolved. Just hang in there.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to JLR

»onyourside.brighthouse.com/conte···bay.html

barb j

@bhn.net
reply to JLR

my bright house bill just keeps getting higher and higher, so if they take channel 8 and me tv off-i'm gone. right now i am so close to cancelling bright house because of the high bills.

parrish

@bhn.net
reply to JLR

If I lose WFLA 8 Brighthouse will lose $148.00 per month from me because I WILL switch providers!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sarge

@bhn.net
reply to barbdyell

Cancel WFLA , Then Cancel 600 + customers from our bulk service community as my phone has not stopped ringing with serious concerns. All I can say to them is to cancel Brighthouse and go to Direct TV , Verizon or Dish and the remark is "I WILL". Do not let this happen.

gee gee

@verizon.net
reply to JLR

said by JLR:

I just saw a banner scroll across my screen saying Brighthouse will be dropping WFLA CH8 on Jan 1st. Anyone
know why?

Um I don't want to lose the Voice

mimiborland

@mindspring.com
reply to Dawn Morris

I agree that Channel 8 wants more money and that's deplorable. We pay over $250 per month already for our cable service. Paying more is not acceptable. However, if an agreement can't be reached and Channel 8 is dropped, we will go back to Verizon's sub-standard service (FIOS). I'v been an NBC person my entire life and will always be!