Premium
join:2000-12-03
Brandon, FL
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Bright House
reply to JLR

Re: [Tampa] Might lose WFLA CH8?

been watching the football game tonite and it's been scrolling the screen all night. Just realized all the playoffs I'm going to be missing.

and on top of the constant issues I've been having (and there are new issues not in the wee hours, i'm tired of complaining).

this is not good.
--
| map your city |

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:151
reply to JLR
pcdeb,

We want to assure our customers that all parties are working toward an agreement. Should Media General choose to take their programming away from our customers, it is an unnecessary and EXTREME measure. Most channel owners put our mutual customers first and keep their channel on while an agreement is being reached.

Media General is able to keep its stations on Bright House Networks while an agreement is being reached. Bright House Networks has to have their permission to show their programming. Its up to them to grant or deny it. There is no reason for Media General to interrupt programming to viewers. Our customers satisfaction is our ultimate goal and we will work in an expedient manner for them.

Very important...this situation is not unique to us or any other multichannel programming distributor, including satellite and telephone companies. We all go through negotiations with networks when it comes time for contracts to be renewed. Bottom line: Although threats are made, MOST broadcasters in our markets stay on and put our mutual customers first.

For more information please visit : »onyourside.brighthouse.com/conte···bay.html
--
~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer ~

bigdaddy

join:2009-11-18
kudos:2
reply to pcdebb
I just saw www.dontdropwfla.com while watching the NFL. I'm not at all concerned tho.

reneepankey

@bhn.net
reply to Dawn Morris
I better not miss a minute of football. Bright house get your act together now. We want Channel 8.

kdwycha

join:2003-01-30
Riverview, FL
Reviews:
·Bright House
said by reneepankey :

I better not miss a minute of football. Bright house get your act together now. We want Channel 8.

I remember a similar dispute last year with a local broadcaster in Miami and Boston with another multichannel video programming distributor.

This was during the NFL playoffs as well. Ya know what happened? The broadcaster allowed broadcast of the NFL playoff games and then pulled their programming after the football games were over.

In essence they only allowed the NFL games to be broadcast because the local broadcast company in no way wanted to lose the advertising revenue during high demand programming.

Maybe a similar situation would occur here.

gertie

@bhn.net
reply to rbmoving
Please don't drop WFLA

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL

1 edit
said by gertie :

Please don't drop WFLA

We want to assure our customers that all parties are working toward an agreement. Should Media General choose to take their programming away from our customers, it is an unnecessary and EXTREME measure. Most channel owners put our mutual customers first and keep their channel on while an agreement is being reached.

Media General is able to keep its stations on Bright House Networks while an agreement is being reached. Bright House Networks has to have their permission to show their programming. Its up to them to grant or deny it. There is no reason for Media General to interrupt programming to viewers. Our customers satisfaction is our ultimate goal and we will work in an expedient manner for them.

Very important...this situation is not unique to us or any other multichannel programming distributor, including satellite and telephone companies. We all go through negotiations with networks when it comes time for contracts to be renewed. Bottom line: Although threats are made, MOST broadcasters in our markets stay on and put our mutual customers first.

For more information please visit : »onyourside.brighthouse.com/conte···bay.html

--
~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer ~

Nayan3

join:2012-08-15
Melbourne, FL
kudos:1
reply to gertie
Repeat after me:

If Media General does not give Brighthouse permission to broadcast their channels, by law Brighthouse cannot broadcast them.

If Media General does not give Brighthouse permission to broadcast their channels, by law Brighthouse cannot broadcast them.

How many times must this be said? And exactly how many folks have failed reading since they cannot grasp this?

diveman

@rr.com
reply to JLR
If channel 8 goes, I go.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
said by diveman :

If channel 8 goes, I go.

This situation is not unique to us or any other multichannel programming distributor, including satellite and telephone companies. We all go through negotiations with networks when it comes time for contracts to be renewed. Bottom line: Although threats are made, MOST broadcasters in our markets stay on and put our mutual customers first.

»onyourside.brighthouse.com/content/ret...
--

sambowomble
Are you sure? If not check again
Premium
join:2009-11-23
Murfreesboro, TN
Reviews:
·Comcast
·Verizon Wireless..
·Time Warner Cable
·Bright House
reply to JLR
Everyone please, if you have a support, service, or troubleshooting issue, please use the forums for this. This site is not for ranting and trolling the same message over and over. There is nothing that BHN representatives on this forum can do anyway and repeating the message takes focus off helping others that have legit issues. I feel that WFLA is the least of your worries when it comes to other channels being negotiated. Repeating the same message over and over will not do anyone any good in regards to support and negotiation purposes. Please direct your attention for further rants and complaints to another social media site or forum site. Please use this for service and support issues only. Everyone is well aware of your concern with WFLA and BHN, but again there is nobody on this site that can do a thing about it. If you choose to go to another competitor especially not doing research and knowing that every other competitor is in the same boat then then I say again you will be wasting your time and risk locking yourself into a contract with another provider. I have high hopes this will be resolved soon. If you want a truly guaranteed way of not losing the channel or worrying about negotiations, then rabbit ears will be your best bet. But please keep this forum discussion in a professional and civilized manner meaning that trolling and bombing the site with repeated "leaving BHN" messages helps no one. If you feel you must reach someone to bombard them with rants of losing the channel or others, direct your attention to their contact section to discuss your complaints. There is nothing this site can do to sway or further progress any negotiations. Now this is my own opinion and not the opinion of BHN so if you do not like what I say, there are other sites to complain about that on. Lets keep this forum clean and organized by enriching in useful, vital, and helpful support and troubleshooting information.
--
From the Tampa Bay/Brighthouse Market - *This is the opinion of myself and not the opinion of BHN. I do not work for BHN. In case of any conflict between the content provided on this website by me and the content of BHN themselves, BHN comments dictate.*

sambowomble
Premium
Murfreesboro, TN

1 edit
reply to pcdebb
If you are having issues PCDEBB with any other BHN services other than the WFLA issue, please send a message through the BHN direct support forum and someone should be able to help you out further there.

dbmaven
There's no shortage
Premium,Mod
join:1999-10-26
Sty in Sky
kudos:3
Reviews:
·VOIPO
·Optimum Online
reply to sambowomble
said by sambowomble:

This site is not for ranting and trolling the same message over and over.
Please use this for service and support issues only.

I'm not sure where you got this idea from - this is a privately owned website which provides a public forum for people who have services, or want to have services, or are interested in discussing Bright House (as well as many other ISPs and other areas).

That includes posting their opinions - good or bad - about current activities related to BHN.
--
Ad astra per alas porci!!

sambowomble
Premium
Murfreesboro, TN
Reviews:
·Comcast
·Verizon Wireless..
·Time Warner Cable
·Bright House
I understand and apologize. I was just trying to get at that I don't mind people having an opinion about their services and such and having discussions about Bright House good or bad. I was just trying to express was the frustrations of the same message being mentioned over and over without understanding that its not all Bright House's fault. Please accept my apology for expressing my message in a way that portrayed otherwise.
--
From the Tampa Bay/Brighthouse Market - *This is the opinion of myself and not the opinion of BHN. I do not work for BHN. In case of any conflict between the content provided on this website by me and the content of BHN themselves, BHN comments dictate.*

Virdie

@bhn.net
reply to Dawn Morris
Please don't drop WFLA CH8
Expand your moderator at work

JLR

join:2001-01-28
Auburndale, FL
reply to sambowomble

said by sambowomble:

If you are having issues JLR with any other BHN services other than the WFLA issue, please send a message through the BHN direct support forum and someone should be able to help you out further there.

JLR??..I think you miss posted !

Fred

@bhn.net
reply to Dawn Morris
How can BrightHouse drop a major network channel ? Outrageous !

sambowomble
Premium
Murfreesboro, TN
reply to JLR
Thanks, fixed.

lcs5924

@rr.com
reply to BHNtechXpert
We really enjoy Channel 8, please do not cancel this channel!!! There are sooo many shows that we would surely miss, too many to express!! Please do not cancel this Channel!!!

Tica

@bhn.net
reply to Ferrell

Channel 8 is one of the top stations with top shows!

The Voice, The Doctors, Dr Oz...and so many more shows I watch as millions of others!

Fix the issue with WFLA and stop the power games and non sense!

WE are the customer and the VIEWERS! Without US there is NO YOU!

Don't Lose your customers and viewing audience over stupid things! RESOLVE your ISSUES! Time is of the ESSENCE!

JUST DO IT!

We are Depending on Brighthouse and WFLA to work out their Differences! Don't DISAPPOINT US!

Tica

majbob1965

@verizon.net
reply to Tica

I live in a retirement community where bright house is our only cable source and is paid for as a portion of our rent. I will work toward getting the entire community to drop your cable system if you drop WFLA Channel 8. After all, you don't have the greatest service out our way as it is. This is the only NBC station I am aware of and if dropped will mean no NBC for us. Are you Republcans?

ethel

@bhn.net
reply to JLR
Please do not drop WFLA Ch8. It really is such a great alternative to many of the current programming. Thank you for your consideration.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL

1 edit
reply to JLR

*******UPDATE*******

A tentative agreement has been reached. While we work to finalize our agreement, our customers will continue to receive Media General programming without any disruption.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to JLR
Now to the 100 or so of you who took the time to post here for the first time I would like to extend an invitation and encourage you to register here at DSLR and join us in the Bright House Networks forum as regular forum participants. It's easy, free and a great way to improve your Bright House Networks experience.