how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

lsr

@bhn.net
reply to Bonnie

Re: [Tampa] Might lose WFLA CH8?

please do not drop channel 8 i have been watching it for years. thank you so much lsr

Tomsue69

@bhn.net
reply to JLR

If WFLA is dropped and/or Brighthouse costs go up again, I will find another cable company.

Dr L

@bhn.net
reply to JLR

Don't drop Chanel 8. It is the best chnnel on Brighthouse TV. I do not lke your threats. You have an obligation to the public to keep us connected to the outside world in the form we choose. I choose WFLA.

Nayan3

join:2012-08-15
Melbourne, FL
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Bright House
reply to Tomsue69

So, you find another company and things are all good for awhile until another dispute happens. Folks, these things happen all the time and even if you went with another company there is no guarantee they will not drop that, or any other channel. Dish and AMC, DirecTV and the Viacom suite, Brighthouse and WESH, Brighthouse and WFLA, disputes happen and get resolved. Just hang in there.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:148
reply to JLR

»onyourside.brighthouse.com/conte···bay.html

barb j

@bhn.net
reply to JLR

my bright house bill just keeps getting higher and higher, so if they take channel 8 and me tv off-i'm gone. right now i am so close to cancelling bright house because of the high bills.

parrish

@bhn.net
reply to JLR

If I lose WFLA 8 Brighthouse will lose $148.00 per month from me because I WILL switch providers!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sarge

@bhn.net
reply to barbdyell

Cancel WFLA , Then Cancel 600 + customers from our bulk service community as my phone has not stopped ringing with serious concerns. All I can say to them is to cancel Brighthouse and go to Direct TV , Verizon or Dish and the remark is "I WILL". Do not let this happen.

gee gee

@verizon.net
reply to JLR

said by JLR:

I just saw a banner scroll across my screen saying Brighthouse will be dropping WFLA CH8 on Jan 1st. Anyone
know why?

Um I don't want to lose the Voice

mimiborland

@mindspring.com
reply to Dawn Morris

I agree that Channel 8 wants more money and that's deplorable. We pay over $250 per month already for our cable service. Paying more is not acceptable. However, if an agreement can't be reached and Channel 8 is dropped, we will go back to Verizon's sub-standard service (FIOS). I'v been an NBC person my entire life and will always be!

POPPOP

@bhn.net
reply to JLR

If Brighthouse thinks i'll stay with them if they stop carrying chnl 8 THEY'RE NUTS!!!!Chnl 8 is a Major Network .Lose that you lose me111

larivieregl

@bhn.net
reply to JLR

All my favorite shows are on wfla. L&O SVU,DAYS, CHICAGO FIRE,etc. I am in Clearwater, Florida, Pinellas County. This could be cause to change cable service.

Rachael

@bhn.net
reply to JLR

Please don't drop channel 8 !!!

DL Yahoocom

@bhn.net
reply to JLR

Why am I going to lose WFLA CH 8? I have been watching Days of Our Lives, since it began over 50 years ago. I don't want to lose Channel 8 for the other shows on that channel. Please save it!!!!!

reply to JLR

[To both of you, Bright House & WFLA: Stop being so greedy, we
are all in hard times, lets get together and get this resolved so this channel keep going and Bright House you can be my provider
for a long long time, We enjoy Bright House but don't need this
hassle.

vicky20

@bhn.net
reply to JLR

in dont understand why bright house is dropping nbc if this happens me and my whole family will change networks cause nbc is our channle and we love watching the news and other show. it would be a big mistake if bright house drops nbc cause u guys will lose a lot of customers im very upset about this

evcar

@bhn.net
reply to JLR

Don't drop WFLA, it's news and programing is important to our entertainment.

crssnggrd

@bhn.net
reply to JLR

I have been with bright house since it took over the area but I will certainly drop bright house if they drop wfla I see verizon fios is less than what i am paying for bright house package

Friends

@bhn.net

Please don't drop WFLA, we watch this station more than others.

sammy

@bhn.net
reply to Dawn Morris

Don't drop WFLA Spring Hill Florida Make A Deal

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL

4 edits
reply to JLR

Folks,

We want to assure our customers that all parties are working toward an agreement. Should Media General choose to take their programming away from our customers, it is an unnecessary and EXTREME measure. Most channel owners put our mutual customers first and keep their channel on while an agreement is being reached.

Media General is able to keep its stations on Bright House Networks while an agreement is being reached. Bright House Networks has to have their permission to show their programming. It’s up to them to grant or deny it. There is no reason for Media General to interrupt programming to viewers. Our customers’ satisfaction is our ultimate goal and we will work in an expedient manner for them.

Very important...this situation is not unique to us or any other multichannel programming distributor, including satellite and telephone companies. We all go through negotiations with networks when it comes time for contracts to be renewed. Bottom line: Although threats are made, MOST broadcasters in our markets stay on and put our mutual customers first.

For more information please visit »onyourside.brighthouse.com/conte···bay.html

--
~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer ~

sylvie

@verizon.net

We enjoy the programs on channel 8. Please don't drop it!:(

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL

1 edit

said by sylvie :

We enjoy the programs on channel 8. Please don't drop it!:(

Read my post again Sylvie...

Media General is able to keep its stations on Bright House Networks while an agreement is being reached. Bright House Networks has to have their permission to show their programming. It’s up to them to grant or deny it. There is no reason for Media General to interrupt programming to viewers. Our customers’ satisfaction is our ultimate goal and we will work in an expedient manner for them.
--
~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer ~

reply to JLR

Please don't drop channel8 from the Brighthouse list of TV Programs. Their news, sports etc is tops of all other channels. Also, I believe channel 8 has the most respective news and sports
reporters of any of the stations. I would not be surprised if you
dropped channel eight that would would lose a significant number
of sponsers.
Thank you for listening.
Ken McPherson

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL

said by Ken McPherso :

Please don't drop channel8 from the Brighthouse list of TV Programs. Their news, sports etc is tops of all other channels. Also, I believe channel 8 has the most respective news and sports
reporters of any of the stations. I would not be surprised if you
dropped channel eight that would would lose a significant number
of sponsers.
Thank you for listening.
Ken McPherson

Media General is able to keep its stations on Bright House Networks while an agreement is being reached. Bright House Networks has to have their permission to show their programming. Its up to them to grant or deny it. There is no reason for Media General to interrupt programming to viewers.

--

stevek1949
We're not in Kansas anymore
Premium
join:2002-11-13
Virginia Beach, VA
reply to JLR

We are having the same issue with FIOS and the local CBS affliiate. Here is what I posted on the FIOS TV forum:

It doesn't matter if it is Verizon, Cox, Comcast, clear channel or pick the cable company of the month. It's going around. Oak Hill Capital is the group in the barrel this month. The viewers are just pawns in this war. It will be the consumers that will pay in the end, no matter who wins, we are the losers.

BaraKG

@bhn.net
reply to JLR

St. Petersburg Might lose WFLA CH8?

I'm not sure if anyone is listening, but please keep WFLA channel 8 on Bright House.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL

said by BaraKG :

I'm not sure if anyone is listening, but please keep WFLA channel 8 on Bright House.

Media General is able to keep its stations on Bright House Networks while an agreement is being reached. Bright House Networks has to have their permission to show their programming. Its up to them to grant or deny it. There is no reason for Media General to interrupt programming to viewers.
--

clb0427

@rr.com
reply to JLR

Re: [Tampa] Might lose WFLA CH8?

i very much enjoy channel 8........please do not drop.........if u do i will cancel 180.00/month bright house bill.......

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL

said by clb0427 :

i very much enjoy channel 8........please do not drop.........if u do i will cancel 180.00/month bright house bill.......

--