Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:140

4 edits
reply to JLR

Re: [Tampa] Might lose WFLA CH8?

Folks,

We want to assure our customers that all parties are working toward an agreement. Should Media General choose to take their programming away from our customers, it is an unnecessary and EXTREME measure. Most channel owners put our mutual customers first and keep their channel on while an agreement is being reached.

Media General is able to keep its stations on Bright House Networks while an agreement is being reached. Bright House Networks has to have their permission to show their programming. It’s up to them to grant or deny it. There is no reason for Media General to interrupt programming to viewers. Our customers’ satisfaction is our ultimate goal and we will work in an expedient manner for them.

Very important...this situation is not unique to us or any other multichannel programming distributor, including satellite and telephone companies. We all go through negotiations with networks when it comes time for contracts to be renewed. Bottom line: Although threats are made, MOST broadcasters in our markets stay on and put our mutual customers first.

For more information please visit »onyourside.brighthouse.com/conte···bay.html

--
~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer ~

sylvie

@verizon.net

We enjoy the programs on channel 8. Please don't drop it!:(

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL

1 edit

said by sylvie :

We enjoy the programs on channel 8. Please don't drop it!:(

Read my post again Sylvie...

Media General is able to keep its stations on Bright House Networks while an agreement is being reached. Bright House Networks has to have their permission to show their programming. It’s up to them to grant or deny it. There is no reason for Media General to interrupt programming to viewers. Our customers’ satisfaction is our ultimate goal and we will work in an expedient manner for them.
--
~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer ~

reply to JLR

Please don't drop channel8 from the Brighthouse list of TV Programs. Their news, sports etc is tops of all other channels. Also, I believe channel 8 has the most respective news and sports
reporters of any of the stations. I would not be surprised if you
dropped channel eight that would would lose a significant number
of sponsers.
Thank you for listening.
Ken McPherson

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL

said by Ken McPherso :

Please don't drop channel8 from the Brighthouse list of TV Programs. Their news, sports etc is tops of all other channels. Also, I believe channel 8 has the most respective news and sports
reporters of any of the stations. I would not be surprised if you
dropped channel eight that would would lose a significant number
of sponsers.
Thank you for listening.
Ken McPherson

Media General is able to keep its stations on Bright House Networks while an agreement is being reached. Bright House Networks has to have their permission to show their programming. Its up to them to grant or deny it. There is no reason for Media General to interrupt programming to viewers.

--

stevek1949
We're not in Kansas anymore
Premium
join:2002-11-13
Virginia Beach, VA
reply to JLR

We are having the same issue with FIOS and the local CBS affliiate. Here is what I posted on the FIOS TV forum:

It doesn't matter if it is Verizon, Cox, Comcast, clear channel or pick the cable company of the month. It's going around. Oak Hill Capital is the group in the barrel this month. The viewers are just pawns in this war. It will be the consumers that will pay in the end, no matter who wins, we are the losers.

BaraKG

@bhn.net
reply to JLR

St. Petersburg Might lose WFLA CH8?

I'm not sure if anyone is listening, but please keep WFLA channel 8 on Bright House.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL

said by BaraKG :

I'm not sure if anyone is listening, but please keep WFLA channel 8 on Bright House.

Media General is able to keep its stations on Bright House Networks while an agreement is being reached. Bright House Networks has to have their permission to show their programming. Its up to them to grant or deny it. There is no reason for Media General to interrupt programming to viewers.
--

clb0427

@rr.com
reply to JLR

Re: [Tampa] Might lose WFLA CH8?

i very much enjoy channel 8........please do not drop.........if u do i will cancel 180.00/month bright house bill.......

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL

said by clb0427 :

i very much enjoy channel 8........please do not drop.........if u do i will cancel 180.00/month bright house bill.......

--

betty mccoll

@bhn.net
reply to JLR

I watch ch.8 more than any station on tv. please do not drop channel 8.I am sure you will lose a lot of bright house consumers.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL

1 edit

said by betty mccoll :

I watch ch.8 more than any station on tv. please do not drop channel 8.I am sure you will lose a lot of bright house consumers.

Betty,

We want to assure our customers that all parties are working toward an agreement. Should Media General choose to take their programming away from our customers, it is an unnecessary and EXTREME measure. Most channel owners put our mutual customers first and keep their channel on while an agreement is being reached.

Media General is able to keep its stations on Bright House Networks while an agreement is being reached. Bright House Networks has to have their permission to show their programming. Its up to them to grant or deny it. There is no reason for Media General to interrupt programming to viewers. Our customers satisfaction is our ultimate goal and we will work in an expedient manner for them.

Very important...this situation is not unique to us or any other multichannel programming distributor, including satellite and telephone companies. We all go through negotiations with networks when it comes time for contracts to be renewed. Bottom line: Although threats are made, MOST broadcasters in our markets stay on and put our mutual customers first.

For more information please visit : »onyourside.brighthouse.com/conte···bay.html

--

riceylowe

@rr.com
reply to JLR

Please don't cancel wfla nbc !!!!!!!! I would csncel in a heartbeat!!!!

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL

said by riceylowe :

Please don't cancel wfla nbc !!!!!!!! I would csncel in a heartbeat!!!!

RiceyLowe,

Media General is able to keep its stations on Bright House Networks while an agreement is being reached. Bright House Networks has to have their permission to show their programming. Its up to them to grant or deny it. There is no reason for Media General to interrupt programming to viewers. Our customers satisfaction is our ultimate goal and we will work in an expedient manner for them.

For more information please visit : »onyourside.brighthouse.com/conte···bay.html
--

sambowomble
Are you sure? If not check again
Premium
join:2009-11-23
Murfreesboro, TN
Reviews:
·Comcast
·Verizon Wireless..
·Time Warner Cable
·Bright House
reply to riceylowe

The thing to realize is that its not BrightHouse necessarily "dropping" WFLA. There are other carriers involved that are in the same boat with the same angry customers with the same threats of moving to another competitor. This should come to no surprise as every year there are a handful of channels depending on when contracts end who do this right up to the last second threatening to cancel or want more money. BrightHouse I feel can only do what they can but if for some stroke of luck the negotiations fail (which I really don't see happening), BrightHouse is not the ones that would be dropping WFLA, its the other way around. Since WFLA owns the programming, they would be the ones dropping BrightHouse. But again remember that other carriers are involved as far as I can tell and that dropping BrightHouse to go to a competitor is defiantly not the way to go. Plus also realize the number of other content providers that may not be getting as much attention but also are in negotiations with the carriers (i.e. BrightHouse) as well. Just my two cents. If all else, an OTA DTV box works pretty good too.
--
From the Tampa Bay RoadRunner/Brighthouse Market

Clean boy

@bhn.net
reply to rbmoving

If you drop WFLA Channel 8; along with MeTV; I will definitely drop my Bright House cable, phone, and Internet.

trainer

@bhn.net
reply to BHNtechXpert

The bottom line seems to be $ as always. BOTH Brighthouse and NBC make a ton of $. The consumer will end up paying in the end anyway. Just add the increase those that want it will pay-those that don't won't.What's the big deal!

woody47

@bhn.net
reply to BHNtechXpert

Please do not channel 8, Just moved down from the north and enjoy seeing the today show.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to JLR

Folks,

--

pissedoff

@bhn.net
reply to barbdyell

I'm.from Tampa fl. I have a faithful customer for 20 years if drop wfla then you leave me and I'm sure many others no choice but to drop you Brighthouse. Have never been with any other provider, not even when verizon came in with better more affordable deals. Now you don't seem to care if you consumers are happy or not. Wfla and all the other stations are already included on my bill every month, make the deal! Or verizon will have a new costumer me!

Nayan

join:2012-08-15
Melbourne, FL
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Bright House
reply to JLR

Please understand this folks:

If Media General tells Brighthouse that they cannot broadcast their channel anymore, BY LAW, Brighthouse must take the channel off the air.

Read, then re-read the above as many times as needed to understand that Brighthouse can carry the channel AS LONG AS THEY HAVE PERMISSION TO DO SO! If Media General pulls their permission, then they cannot broadcast it.

Got it?

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to pissedoff

said by pissedoff :

I'm.from Tampa fl. I have a faithful customer for 20 years if drop wfla then you leave me and I'm sure many others no choice but to drop you Brighthouse. Have never been with any other provider, not even when verizon came in with better more affordable deals. Now you don't seem to care if you consumers are happy or not. Wfla and all the other stations are already included on my bill every month, make the deal! Or verizon will have a new costumer me!

--

Angie

join:2012-12-28
Largo, FL
reply to JLR

I watch Channel 8 -everyday! From morning shows like the Today Show to the news and various Prime time shows- NOT TO MENTION FOOTBALL! Please reach an agreement fast! I do not want to go to satellite!

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to JLR

--

Mary Lou Vic

@bhn.net
reply to JLR

Please don't take channel 8 off . If you do I will drop cable and use another company. I have been watching channel 8 for years and a lot of my favorite shows are on it. I am really mad about your dropping this channel.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL

said by Mary Lou Vic :

Please don't take channel 8 off . If you do I will drop cable and use another company. I have been watching channel 8 for years and a lot of my favorite shows are on it. I am really mad about your dropping this channel.

--

largolass759

@bhn.net
reply to JLR

Please do not drop WFLA TV from Brighthouse. It is my favorite station.

brianiscool

join:2000-08-16
Tampa, FL
kudos:1
reply to JLR

Get rid of this crummy channel. They only broadcast on Brighthouse.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to largolass759

said by largolass759 :

Please do not drop WFLA TV from Brighthouse. It is my favorite station.

--

Garciaaol

@bhn.net
reply to JLR

Please don't drop WFLA. I enjoy the programs and spend all day at home so I need variety like the doctors