Search similar:

uniqs

betty mccoll
@bhn.net

betty mccoll to JLR

Anon

to JLR

Re: [Tampa] Might lose WFLA CH8?

I watch ch.8 more than any station on tv. please do not drop channel 8.I am sure you will lose a lot of bright house consumers.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

1 edit

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by betty mccoll :

I watch ch.8 more than any station on tv. please do not drop channel 8.I am sure you will lose a lot of bright house consumers.

Betty,

We want to assure our customers that all parties are working toward an agreement. Should Media General choose to take their programming away from our customers, it is an unnecessary and EXTREME measure. Most channel owners put our mutual customers first and keep their channel on while an agreement is being reached.

Media General is able to keep its stations on Bright House Networks while an agreement is being reached. Bright House Networks has to have their permission to show their programming. Its up to them to grant or deny it. There is no reason for Media General to interrupt programming to viewers. Our customers satisfaction is our ultimate goal and we will work in an expedient manner for them.

Very important...this situation is not unique to us or any other multichannel programming distributor, including satellite and telephone companies. We all go through negotiations with networks when it comes time for contracts to be renewed. Bottom line: Although threats are made, MOST broadcasters in our markets stay on and put our mutual customers first.

For more information please visit : »onyourside.brighthouse.c ··· bay.html

riceylowe
@rr.com

riceylowe to JLR

Anon

to JLR
Please don't cancel wfla nbc !!!!!!!! I would csncel in a heartbeat!!!!
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by riceylowe :

Please don't cancel wfla nbc !!!!!!!! I would csncel in a heartbeat!!!!

RiceyLowe,

We want to assure our customers that all parties are working toward an agreement. Should Media General choose to take their programming away from our customers, it is an unnecessary and EXTREME measure. Most channel owners put our mutual customers first and keep their channel on while an agreement is being reached.

Media General is able to keep its stations on Bright House Networks while an agreement is being reached. Bright House Networks has to have their permission to show their programming. Its up to them to grant or deny it. There is no reason for Media General to interrupt programming to viewers. Our customers satisfaction is our ultimate goal and we will work in an expedient manner for them.

Very important...this situation is not unique to us or any other multichannel programming distributor, including satellite and telephone companies. We all go through negotiations with networks when it comes time for contracts to be renewed. Bottom line: Although threats are made, MOST broadcasters in our markets stay on and put our mutual customers first.

samw
Are you sure? If not check again
Premium Member
join:2009-11-23
Lakeland, FL

samw to riceylowe

Premium Member

to riceylowe
The thing to realize is that its not BrightHouse necessarily "dropping" WFLA. There are other carriers involved that are in the same boat with the same angry customers with the same threats of moving to another competitor. This should come to no surprise as every year there are a handful of channels depending on when contracts end who do this right up to the last second threatening to cancel or want more money. BrightHouse I feel can only do what they can but if for some stroke of luck the negotiations fail (which I really don't see happening), BrightHouse is not the ones that would be dropping WFLA, its the other way around. Since WFLA owns the programming, they would be the ones dropping BrightHouse. But again remember that other carriers are involved as far as I can tell and that dropping BrightHouse to go to a competitor is defiantly not the way to go. Plus also realize the number of other content providers that may not be getting as much attention but also are in negotiations with the carriers (i.e. BrightHouse) as well. Just my two cents. If all else, an OTA DTV box works pretty good too.

Clean boy
@bhn.net

Clean boy to rbmoving

Anon

to rbmoving
If you drop WFLA Channel 8; along with MeTV; I will definitely drop my Bright House cable, phone, and Internet.

trainer
@bhn.net

trainer to BHNtechXpert

Anon

to BHNtechXpert
The bottom line seems to be $ as always. BOTH Brighthouse and NBC make a ton of $. The consumer will end up paying in the end anyway. Just add the increase those that want it will pay-those that don't won't.What's the big deal!

woody47
@bhn.net

woody47 to BHNtechXpert

Anon

to BHNtechXpert
Please do not channel 8, Just moved down from the north and enjoy seeing the today show.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to JLR

Premium Member

to JLR
Folks,

pissedoff
@bhn.net

pissedoff to barbdyell

Anon

to barbdyell
I'm.from Tampa fl. I have a faithful customer for 20 years if drop wfla then you leave me and I'm sure many others no choice but to drop you Brighthouse. Have never been with any other provider, not even when verizon came in with better more affordable deals. Now you don't seem to care if you consumers are happy or not. Wfla and all the other stations are already included on my bill every month, make the deal! Or verizon will have a new costumer me!
Nayan3
join:2012-08-15
Melbourne, FL

Nayan3 to JLR

to JLR
Please understand this folks:

If Media General tells Brighthouse that they cannot broadcast their channel anymore, BY LAW, Brighthouse must take the channel off the air.

Read, then re-read the above as many times as needed to understand that Brighthouse can carry the channel AS LONG AS THEY HAVE PERMISSION TO DO SO! If Media General pulls their permission, then they cannot broadcast it.

Got it?
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to pissedoff

Premium Member

to pissedoff
said by pissedoff :

I'm.from Tampa fl. I have a faithful customer for 20 years if drop wfla then you leave me and I'm sure many others no choice but to drop you Brighthouse. Have never been with any other provider, not even when verizon came in with better more affordable deals. Now you don't seem to care if you consumers are happy or not. Wfla and all the other stations are already included on my bill every month, make the deal! Or verizon will have a new costumer me!

Angie5
join:2012-12-28
Largo, FL

Angie5 to JLR

to JLR
I watch Channel 8 -everyday! From morning shows like the Today Show to the news and various Prime time shows- NOT TO MENTION FOOTBALL! Please reach an agreement fast! I do not want to go to satellite!
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to JLR

Premium Member

to JLR
Media General is able to keep its stations on Bright House Networks while an agreement is being reached. Bright House Networks has to have their permission to show their programming. It’s up to them to grant or deny it. There is no reason for Media General to interrupt programming to viewers. Our customers’ satisfaction is our ultimate goal and we will work in an expedient manner for them.

Mary Lou Vic
@bhn.net

Mary Lou Vic to JLR

Anon

to JLR
Please don't take channel 8 off . If you do I will drop cable and use another company. I have been watching channel 8 for years and a lot of my favorite shows are on it. I am really mad about your dropping this channel.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by Mary Lou Vic :

Please don't take channel 8 off . If you do I will drop cable and use another company. I have been watching channel 8 for years and a lot of my favorite shows are on it. I am really mad about your dropping this channel.

largolass759
@bhn.net

largolass759 to JLR

Anon

to JLR
Please do not drop WFLA TV from Brighthouse. It is my favorite station.
brianiscool
join:2000-08-16
Tampa, FL

brianiscool to JLR

to JLR
Get rid of this crummy channel. They only broadcast on Brighthouse.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to largolass759

Premium Member

to largolass759
said by largolass759 :

Please do not drop WFLA TV from Brighthouse. It is my favorite station.

Garciaaol
@bhn.net

Garciaaol to JLR

Anon

to JLR
Please don't drop WFLA. I enjoy the programs and spend all day at home so I need variety like the doctors

BABYCAKESFL
@verizon.net

BABYCAKESFL to rbmoving

Anon

to rbmoving
KEEP WFLA ONE OF THE BEST NEWS CHANNELS AND HAS GREAT PROGRAMS BEEN WATCHING THIS CHANNEL FOR 24 YEARS SINCE I MOVED TO FLORIDA IF YOU DROP THIS STATION I WILL BE FORCED TO DROP BRIGHTHOUSE YOU CHARGE TOO MUCH ANYWAY AND HAVE TAKEN MANY GOOD CHANNELS AWAY WAKE UP AND KEEP YOUR CUSTOMERS HAPPY MARIE S. SEMINOLE, FLORIDA
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by BABYCAKESFL :

KEEP WFLA ONE OF THE BEST NEWS CHANNELS AND HAS GREAT PROGRAMS BEEN WATCHING THIS CHANNEL FOR 24 YEARS SINCE I MOVED TO FLORIDA IF YOU DROP THIS STATION I WILL BE FORCED TO DROP BRIGHTHOUSE YOU CHARGE TOO MUCH ANYWAY AND HAVE TAKEN MANY GOOD CHANNELS AWAY WAKE UP AND KEEP YOUR CUSTOMERS HAPPY MARIE S. SEMINOLE, FLORIDA

Gary Todd
@bhn.net

Gary Todd to JLR

Anon

to JLR
$79.99 a mo for a bundle PLUS a $300 VISA with 2 yr agreement all from Verizon...the worst service I have ever experienced over the past 4 years...horrible customer service...loss of WFLA. Lose it or not, I'm switching to Verizon. Bright House is atrocious and they don't care. So why should I care and stay with a company that doesn't care about me.

Cindy Gay
@rr.com

Cindy Gay to JLR

Anon

to JLR
Add my name to those who will drop Bright House if WFLA is dropped!!

Gary Todd
@bhn.net

Gary Todd to rbmoving

Anon

to rbmoving
It's a 50-50 type of negotiation, much like our congress. Bright House, owned by Time-Warner if that tells you anything, want to make a fortune but don't want to pay for the channels they carry. Yet they raise customer rates whether there are price increases or not. The networks want to make a fortune and want the cable provider to pay up or lose their channel. So lose it, who else is going to carry you. Verizon until you start sticking it to them alsol. There needs to be a compromise for the sake of the subscribers who feed their families and pay their bills.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by Gary Todd :

It's a 50-50 type of negotiation, much like our congress. Bright House, owned by Time-Warner if that tells you anything, want to make a fortune but don't want to pay for the channels they carry. Yet they raise customer rates whether there are price increases or not. The networks want to make a fortune and want the cable provider to pay up or lose their channel. So lose it, who else is going to carry you. Verizon until you start sticking it to them alsol. There needs to be a compromise for the sake of the subscribers who feed their families and pay their bills.

Gary,

Bright House Networks is not owned by Time Warner. Please refer to »en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Br ··· Networks for a complete history of our company. Thank for your comment.
BHNtechXpert

BHNtechXpert to Cindy Gay

Premium Member

to Cindy Gay
said by Cindy Gay :

Add my name to those who will drop Bright House if WFLA is dropped!!

samw
Are you sure? If not check again
Premium Member
join:2009-11-23
Lakeland, FL

1 edit

samw to Cindy Gay

Premium Member

to Cindy Gay
Not to be rude to anyone but what part of BrightHouse not dropping WFLA are you not getting. BrightHouse can only do so much. If WFLA wanted $5 million a year from BrightHouse and BrightHouse didn't want to spend that, then it is WFLA dropping BrightHouse since they are the content holders. All BrightHouse is is the content provider. I don't think regardless unless WFLA liked or supported something unethical that BrightHouse on purpose would drop them. Remember this happens every year with multiple content holders and providers. This is nothing new and never will be. I am fully confident an agreement would be made if that means anything.
Nayan3
join:2012-08-15
Melbourne, FL

Nayan3

Thank you Sam. Over here in CFL we went through the same thing with Hearst. Hearst told Brighthouse that they no longer gave them permission to broadcast their channels so they had no choice but to take them off. It is not Brighthouse who will pull the channels off, it will be General Media if they decide to not allow Brighthouse to broadcast them.

To those of you who do not seem to grasp this:

If General Media does not give Brighthouse permission to broadcast it's channels, by law Brighthouse cannot broadcast them.

If General Media does not give Brighthouse permission to broadcast it's channels, by law Brighthouse cannot broadcast them.

Got it now??

manasotajudy
@verizon.net

manasotajudy to JLR

Anon

to JLR
~ Our family watches WFLA Tampa Bay a LOT! We live in Englewood, Florida and would not be happy at all to lose this channel! PLEASE do NOT drop them! Please reconsider doing this! Thank you in advance for your consideration.