join:2012-08-15
Melbourne, FL
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Bright House
reply to JLR

Re: [Tampa] Might lose WFLA CH8?

Please understand this folks:

If Media General tells Brighthouse that they cannot broadcast their channel anymore, BY LAW, Brighthouse must take the channel off the air.

Read, then re-read the above as many times as needed to understand that Brighthouse can carry the channel AS LONG AS THEY HAVE PERMISSION TO DO SO! If Media General pulls their permission, then they cannot broadcast it.

Got it?

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:148
reply to pissedoff

said by pissedoff :

I'm.from Tampa fl. I have a faithful customer for 20 years if drop wfla then you leave me and I'm sure many others no choice but to drop you Brighthouse. Have never been with any other provider, not even when verizon came in with better more affordable deals. Now you don't seem to care if you consumers are happy or not. Wfla and all the other stations are already included on my bill every month, make the deal! Or verizon will have a new costumer me!

Media General is able to keep its stations on Bright House Networks while an agreement is being reached. Bright House Networks has to have their permission to show their programming. Its up to them to grant or deny it. There is no reason for Media General to interrupt programming to viewers. Our customers satisfaction is our ultimate goal and we will work in an expedient manner for them.
--
~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer ~

Angie

join:2012-12-28
Largo, FL
reply to JLR

I watch Channel 8 -everyday! From morning shows like the Today Show to the news and various Prime time shows- NOT TO MENTION FOOTBALL! Please reach an agreement fast! I do not want to go to satellite!

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to JLR

Media General is able to keep its stations on Bright House Networks while an agreement is being reached. Bright House Networks has to have their permission to show their programming. It’s up to them to grant or deny it. There is no reason for Media General to interrupt programming to viewers. Our customers’ satisfaction is our ultimate goal and we will work in an expedient manner for them.

--
~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer ~

Mary Lou Vic

@bhn.net
reply to JLR

Please don't take channel 8 off . If you do I will drop cable and use another company. I have been watching channel 8 for years and a lot of my favorite shows are on it. I am really mad about your dropping this channel.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL

said by Mary Lou Vic :

Please don't take channel 8 off . If you do I will drop cable and use another company. I have been watching channel 8 for years and a lot of my favorite shows are on it. I am really mad about your dropping this channel.

Media General is able to keep its stations on Bright House Networks while an agreement is being reached. Bright House Networks has to have their permission to show their programming. Its up to them to grant or deny it. There is no reason for Media General to interrupt programming to viewers. Our customers satisfaction is our ultimate goal and we will work in an expedient manner for them.
--

largolass759

@bhn.net
reply to JLR

Please do not drop WFLA TV from Brighthouse. It is my favorite station.

brianiscool

join:2000-08-16
Tampa, FL
reply to JLR

Get rid of this crummy channel. They only broadcast on Brighthouse.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to largolass759

said by largolass759 :

Please do not drop WFLA TV from Brighthouse. It is my favorite station.

--

Garciaaol

@bhn.net
reply to JLR

Please don't drop WFLA. I enjoy the programs and spend all day at home so I need variety like the doctors

BABYCAKESFL

@verizon.net
reply to rbmoving

KEEP WFLA ONE OF THE BEST NEWS CHANNELS AND HAS GREAT PROGRAMS BEEN WATCHING THIS CHANNEL FOR 24 YEARS SINCE I MOVED TO FLORIDA IF YOU DROP THIS STATION I WILL BE FORCED TO DROP BRIGHTHOUSE YOU CHARGE TOO MUCH ANYWAY AND HAVE TAKEN MANY GOOD CHANNELS AWAY WAKE UP AND KEEP YOUR CUSTOMERS HAPPY MARIE S. SEMINOLE, FLORIDA

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL

said by BABYCAKESFL :

KEEP WFLA ONE OF THE BEST NEWS CHANNELS AND HAS GREAT PROGRAMS BEEN WATCHING THIS CHANNEL FOR 24 YEARS SINCE I MOVED TO FLORIDA IF YOU DROP THIS STATION I WILL BE FORCED TO DROP BRIGHTHOUSE YOU CHARGE TOO MUCH ANYWAY AND HAVE TAKEN MANY GOOD CHANNELS AWAY WAKE UP AND KEEP YOUR CUSTOMERS HAPPY MARIE S. SEMINOLE, FLORIDA

--

Gary Todd

@bhn.net
reply to JLR

$79.99 a mo for a bundle PLUS a $300 VISA with 2 yr agreement all from Verizon...the worst service I have ever experienced over the past 4 years...horrible customer service...loss of WFLA. Lose it or not, I'm switching to Verizon. Bright House is atrocious and they don't care. So why should I care and stay with a company that doesn't care about me.

Cindy Gay

@rr.com
reply to JLR

Add my name to those who will drop Bright House if WFLA is dropped!!

Gary Todd

@bhn.net
reply to rbmoving

It's a 50-50 type of negotiation, much like our congress. Bright House, owned by Time-Warner if that tells you anything, want to make a fortune but don't want to pay for the channels they carry. Yet they raise customer rates whether there are price increases or not. The networks want to make a fortune and want the cable provider to pay up or lose their channel. So lose it, who else is going to carry you. Verizon until you start sticking it to them alsol. There needs to be a compromise for the sake of the subscribers who feed their families and pay their bills.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL

said by Gary Todd :

It's a 50-50 type of negotiation, much like our congress. Bright House, owned by Time-Warner if that tells you anything, want to make a fortune but don't want to pay for the channels they carry. Yet they raise customer rates whether there are price increases or not. The networks want to make a fortune and want the cable provider to pay up or lose their channel. So lose it, who else is going to carry you. Verizon until you start sticking it to them alsol. There needs to be a compromise for the sake of the subscribers who feed their families and pay their bills.

Gary,

Bright House Networks is not owned by Time Warner. Please refer to »en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bright_House_Networks for a complete history of our company. Thank for your comment.
--

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to Cindy Gay

said by Cindy Gay :

Add my name to those who will drop Bright House if WFLA is dropped!!

--

sambowomble
Are you sure? If not check again
Premium
join:2009-11-23
Murfreesboro, TN
Reviews:
·Comcast
·Verizon Wireless..
·Time Warner Cable
·Bright House

1 edit
reply to Cindy Gay

Not to be rude to anyone but what part of BrightHouse not dropping WFLA are you not getting. BrightHouse can only do so much. If WFLA wanted $5 million a year from BrightHouse and BrightHouse didn't want to spend that, then it is WFLA dropping BrightHouse since they are the content holders. All BrightHouse is is the content provider. I don't think regardless unless WFLA liked or supported something unethical that BrightHouse on purpose would drop them. Remember this happens every year with multiple content holders and providers. This is nothing new and never will be. I am fully confident an agreement would be made if that means anything.
--
From the Tampa Bay RoadRunner/Brighthouse Market

Nayan

join:2012-08-15
Melbourne, FL
Reviews:
·Bright House

Thank you Sam. Over here in CFL we went through the same thing with Hearst. Hearst told Brighthouse that they no longer gave them permission to broadcast their channels so they had no choice but to take them off. It is not Brighthouse who will pull the channels off, it will be General Media if they decide to not allow Brighthouse to broadcast them.

To those of you who do not seem to grasp this:

If General Media does not give Brighthouse permission to broadcast it's channels, by law Brighthouse cannot broadcast them.

If General Media does not give Brighthouse permission to broadcast it's channels, by law Brighthouse cannot broadcast them.

Got it now??

manasotajudy

@verizon.net
reply to JLR

~ Our family watches WFLA Tampa Bay a LOT! We live in Englewood, Florida and would not be happy at all to lose this channel! PLEASE do NOT drop them! Please reconsider doing this! Thank you in advance for your consideration.

Beachie
Stranded in paradise

join:2001-07-12
St. Pete, FL
kudos:2

1 recommendation

said by manasotajudy :

~ Our family watches WFLA Tampa Bay a LOT! We live in Englewood, Florida and would not be happy at all to lose this channel! PLEASE do NOT drop them! Please reconsider doing this! Thank you in advance for your consideration.

Englewood isn't an area Bright House services. Is this some sort of prank?

JLR

join:2001-01-28
Auburndale, FL
reply to JLR

I'm sorry I posted this now! GEEEEEZZ!

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to manasotajudy

said by manasotajudy :

--

Expand your moderator at work

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to Beachie

Re: [Tampa] Might lose WFLA CH8?

said by Beachie:

said by manasotajudy :

Englewood isn't an area Bright House services. Is this some sort of prank?

Had to check the map myself but good catch Beachie...
--

sambowomble
Are you sure? If not check again
Premium
join:2009-11-23
Murfreesboro, TN
Reviews:
·Comcast
·Verizon Wireless..
·Time Warner Cable
·Bright House
reply to JLR

You had a legit question. Nothing to be sorry for. What I also have been getting at is I am surprised as big as WTVT that others have not realized they are doing the same thing with the banners and negotiation stories. History shows that this is nothing new and usually has an outstanding chance in being resolved in a way that WTVT, BrightHouse and its customers will be happy with.
--
From the Tampa Bay RoadRunner/Brighthouse Market

Del Rey

@rr.com
reply to rbmoving

Please don't drop channel 8 from our line up. you already dropped ctn that I'm mad that you all did that.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL

said by Del Rey :

Please don't drop channel 8 from our line up. you already dropped ctn that I'm mad that you all did that.

--

Paulyboy

@bhn.net
reply to JLR

To all those people repeatedly posting "the facts" about who is really responsible here I commend their efforts but I believe they're overlooking something. Most people don't care about the "why". All they care about is where they're going to be able to watch WFLA on January 1. If it's not Bright House then it's going to be somewhere else regardless of who is responsible.

People pay a lot already for cable TV and they have busy lives. Therefore they shouldn't have to worry about reading up on all this nonsense. All their favorite channels and favorite shows should be there when they want them because of the service they're paying for. When those things aren't there when they want them they will go somewhere else. It's as simple as that.

Personally I'm not going anywhere because I believe that this is going to be resolved in time. The only way I would consider switching to another provider is if it looks like it's going to be lengthy like what happened with Dish Network and AMC recently. And for the record I would miss more than just WFLA. I love MeTV.

So anyways while I understand what's going on here most people don't and I don't think they deserve to be criticized for it. They shouldn't have to be wasting their time on nonsense like this with the amount of money they dump into it every year.

-PN

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL

3 edits

said by Paulyboy :

To all those people repeatedly posting "the facts" about who is really responsible here I commend their efforts but I believe they're overlooking something. Most people don't care about the "why". All they care about is where they're going to be able to watch WFLA on January 1. If it's not Bright House then it's going to be somewhere else regardless of who is responsible.

People pay a lot already for cable TV and they have busy lives. Therefore they shouldn't have to worry about reading up on all this nonsense. All their favorite channels and favorite shows should be there when they want them because of the service they're paying for. When those things aren't there when they want them they will go somewhere else. It's as simple as that.

Personally I'm not going anywhere because I believe that this is going to be resolved in time. The only way I would consider switching to another provider is if it looks like it's going to be lengthy like what happened with Dish Network and AMC recently. And for the record I would miss more than just WFLA. I love MeTV.

So anyways while I understand what's going on here most people don't and I don't think they deserve to be criticized for it. They shouldn't have to be wasting their time on nonsense like this with the amount of money they dump into it every year.

-PN

No disagreements with your sentiments at all. But folks do need to educate themselves enough to know where the real problem lies because they play a key role in stopping it whether they know it or not. What I have posted countless times already are the facts.

The only folks using the "drop" word are Media General and ironic isn't it that it is they who control whether or not WFLA remains on or off. Media General is able to keep its stations on Bright House Networks while an agreement is being reached. Bright House Networks must have their permission to show WFLA programming it's just that simple. Its up to them to grant or deny it.

So all this anger, frustration and venting really needs to go that direction not here. This is a friendly tech forum where we resolve technical and customer service issues related to Bright House Networks products, services and third party equipment.

What you have seen here is a reaction from the forum regulars who are tired of the trolling and blind posts that serve nothing but to disrupt the friendly nature of our community so don't be upset with them...how would you feel if some stranger came into your community and started causing a ruckus?

For more information I encourage you to follow : »onyourside.brighthouse.com/conte···bay.html
--