Premium Member
join:2009-08-03
USA

1 recommendation

silbaco to NoHereNoMo

Premium Member

to NoHereNoMo

Re: Too funny...

Real networks don't need to manage traffic. They have ample capacity for all.

tshirt
Premium Member
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA

1 recommendation

tshirt

Premium Member

said by silbaco:

Real networks don't need to manage traffic. They have ample capacity for all.

to the Mod:I did NOT mean to approve of THAT post.
can my approval be removed?
To silbaco See Profile That is an ignorant statement, Most networks have temporary congestion at some point.
Good management is to anticipate congestion based on usage patterns and new app designs, to budget for needed/known/upcoming growth, but no one can afford to deploy earlier than necessary, or predict uncontrolled growth from new "fad-like" demand patterns all the time .

If congestion and other problems didn't ever exist there would be a lot less demand for QUALIFED Network engineers.
NoHereNoMo
join:2012-12-06

NoHereNoMo

I thought he was being facetious (mostly anyway).
silbaco
Premium Member
join:2009-08-03
USA

silbaco to tshirt

Premium Member

to tshirt
I wasn't being serious.

However there are some ISPs out there that do operate that way. Particularly ISPs that have ftth or cooperatives that offer good old ADSL. They don't or simply can't offer speeds fast enough to cause congestion.

tshirt
Premium Member
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA

tshirt

Premium Member

I hoped you were be sarcastic about the post above you, which when beyond ignorant.
NoHereNoMo
join:2012-12-06

NoHereNoMo to tshirt

to tshirt
Real networks are managed by qualified engineers seeking to make the network as efficient as possible for all users. ISP networks (typically) are managed by qualified engineers doing what upper-level management tells them to do in order to make the network only efficient enough to keep customers from leaving (as if most of them had any viable alternatives)--so, not what I call a "real" network.