All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs

Jeffy479
@insightbb.com

Jeffy479 to mark0417

Anon

to mark0417

Re: [Speed] Very slow speeds in Louisville (40241)

Same here in the Highlands. Tech spent two hours on Saturday replacing everything, but no luck. Still seeing 3-12mb on service that's supposed to be 20.0. I'm just going to keep calling and having them send out techs until they fix the root cause.
Jeffy479

Jeffy479

Anon

Just called. Talked to a tech. She advised that there "Known Utilization Issues" in my area. She advised that they've been told "not to send techs out" and an ETA on the fix was not able to be provided. Asked to speed to a Supervisor. Supervisor also advised the same thing and could not give me an ETA on when it will be fixed.

I asked if she could escalate the issue to someone who could give me a date. She said she would try, but nobody likely knew. I asked her for a refund for my service for the past three weeks. She obliged (we'll see if it makes it to my bill) and said she would try to escalate the issue.

I would suggest anyone with the same issue to call and demand a refund to light a fire under their behinds. I hate to say it, but Insight isn't going to fix the issue until they feel it in their wallet.

Roark31
@insightbb.com

Roark31

Anon

Hopefully I can give you all some hope. I called on Monday and had them send a tech out on Tuesday. I already knew it would be a contractor who would not be able to fix the problem, but that's not why I had them come out. All I wanted was for the tech to use his own netbook to verify that my equipment was not the problem and that my signals were excellent. This went the way I wanted it to and when he called his dispatch at the end he was told that there were already 3 other techs in my area with the same issue and that it was Insight's issue.

Two hours later and Insight had silently resolved the issue. I was moved from the 74.*.*.* range to one I haven't seen before, a 96.*.*.*. I have never had more stable speeds than I have since then.

I feel like you're all really going to have to rely on the speed issues trending enough in your areas to have anything done. If you've got a neighbor with Insight and can convince them to call it in, I'd do it.

I wish you all good luck on this, as the speeds were horrid.
petey_
join:2003-06-14
Louisville, KY

petey_ to Jeffy479

to Jeffy479
I had the same thing told to me. My 30.0 connection has been all over the place connection wise. I hadn't had any issues until the last couple months and haven't bothered to call in about it.

I called today and they looked at my signals and everything and said it was great but then looked at a list on which server I was and I was told that I am on a server with a known issue and no ETA on when it will be resolved. My speeds are anywhere from 1Mbit to 30Mbit at any given time.