how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Valdo

@verizon.net
reply to aefstoggaflm

Re: [speed/latency] Verizon Speed Slow at times

#1 What is the brand and model of the RJ-45 WAN port router?

For example Linksys E4200 version 1

My router is a Belkin F7D1301 Version 1.

#2 What is the current LAN IP of your RJ-45 WAN port router?

Is this the default IP Address in which you can access all the settings and features of the router. If so, then its 192.168.2.1

#3 Does that router have third party firmware on it and if so which one?

Three examples come to mind Tomato, OpenWRT, and DD-WRT.

No it doesn't, it is currently running on the latest firmware the official company that is providing.

#4 Most likely your RJ-45 WAN port router has a built in switch in it. Do you have a hub/switch that is not part of a NAT router?

For example the Dynex DX-EHB4 version 3.0.

No I believe I don't have that. I just have two devices, the modem that Verizon provided and the Belkin F7D1301 Version 1 Router that handles all the Firewall and NAT settings.

#5 Do you have any of your computer(s) that has at least two NICs and if so, is one of the NICs of the computer is a wired NIC?

If you have at least two computers that have at least two NICs, but only one of the computers has a wired NIC say yes.

Umm, Hopefully I understood you correctly. Based from my understanding, each computer that I owned, your asking if each one of them have at least two NIC's. If so, then No. I only have one computer wired which only has one NIC and its connected to the router, which the router is connected to the modem. I have one computer and two laptops. The two laptops have two NIC's in each of them and are connected wirelessly.

Before putting this modem combo into bridge mode, you did not change the LAN IP of it?

No, I did not change the LAN IP if you mean the Private one which is 192.168.1.1.

I did my best to answer all your questions based on my knowledge and from my understanding. Hopefully I did a good job on it.