spc
uniqs

CanadianRip
join:2009-07-15
Oakville, ON

CanadianRip to Robrr

to Robrr

Re: RIM Earnings Out, Stock Surges

Hey I have some friends claiming the Amiga will make its comeback any day now.

Is there a support group all these people can join?
Robrr
join:2008-04-19

Robrr

Your the guy who is all about "the market" so what do you have to say about the fact that as Apple share prices continue to slide while RIM share prices continue to rise to the point where it is almost a mirror image.

»www.bloomberg.com/news/2 ··· nes.html

dirtyjeffer0
Posers don't use avatars.
Premium Member
join:2002-02-21
London, ON

dirtyjeffer0

Premium Member

said by Robrr:

Your the guy who is all about "the market" so what do you have to say about the fact that as Apple share prices continue to slide while RIM share prices continue to rise to the point where it is almost a mirror image.

ummm, last i checked, Apple was worth about $550 and Rim is $15.
Robrr
join:2008-04-19

Robrr

said by dirtyjeffer0:

said by Robrr:

Whats your point?

RIM is up with for good reason. Apple is down and no one can explain why.

dirtyjeffer0
Premium Member
London, ON

dirtyjeffer0

Premium Member

meh...stocks are rarely about true value and more about "playing the market"...as well, it is often more about "perceived value".
Warez_Zealot
join:2006-04-19
Vancouver

Warez_Zealot

said by dirtyjeffer0:

meh...stocks are rarely about true value and more about "playing the market"...as well, it is often more about "perceived value".

Yep, especially with those lame trading algorithms. I ended up buying around 1k worth at $13.77... See what happens. I once read that current share value of most companies are about 40% inflated of their actual worth, which I highly agree with for most companies today.
MaynardKrebs
We did it. We heaved Steve. Yipee.
Premium Member
join:2009-06-17

MaynardKrebs to CanadianRip

Premium Member

to CanadianRip
said by CanadianRip:

Hey I have some friends claiming the Amiga will make its comeback any day now.

Is there a support group all these people can join?

Yes, but it will cost them $250 per hour.

BonezX
Basement Dweller
Premium Member
join:2004-04-13
Canada

BonezX to Robrr

Premium Member

to Robrr
said by Robrr:

Whats your point?

RIM is up with for good reason. Apple is down and no one can explain why.

i can, lack of actual product advancement.

the Ipad mini is going to tank their stock for the next little while, as well as snuffing their client base with the release of a NEW ipad while the other one hasn't been on the market that long.

simple enough formula, you release slightly better hardware every year at the same "premium" price, your going to keep dropping people off the wagon, especially when your competitors are releasing hardware at multiple price points covering a broader market.

i still wonder how the hell apple is viewed as the "creators" equipment when it has such a short lifespan vs traditional hardware.

also, some of it might be backlash over the whole patent thing.
komal
join:2003-02-16

komal to dirtyjeffer0

to dirtyjeffer0
said by dirtyjeffer0:

said by Robrr:

I hope you're joking when you say that, because stock price doesn't indicate value of a company, market cap does.

If thats how you compare companies, you're going to lose a lot of money...

CanadianRip
join:2009-07-15
Oakville, ON

CanadianRip to Robrr

to Robrr
said by Robrr:

I've always maintained that Apple would lose out over Android due to it's closed nature. I was correct about that as well.

More importantly market-share is the important indicator. Once the market picks a clear winner, developers are going to be very hard pressed to invest millions of dollars investing on a platform that may no exist tomorrow.

dirtyjeffer0
Premium Member
London, ON

dirtyjeffer0 to komal

Premium Member

to komal
said by komal:

I hope you're joking when you say that, because stock price doesn't indicate value of a company, market cap does.

If thats how you compare companies, you're going to lose a lot of money...

i realize that...so lets use market cap...RIM's market cap is just over $5 Billion...Apple's is just under $500 Billion.