spc
uniqs
Cptbeatstix
join:2011-12-21
Carrollton, TX

Cptbeatstix to Immer

to Immer

Re: Registered Sex Offenders booted from Online Gaming Platforms

Most states actually do require parental consent. As stupid as that sounds. In Texas it's two years. If the parents ok the relationship between someone older, that is perfectly fine. But when it comes to sexual relationships, if the parents find out, they can press charges. I've seen a 16 year old marry a 36 year old. The parents legitimately signed off on the marriage.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

said by Cptbeatstix:

I've seen a 16 year old marry a 36 year old.

And that's not weird at all...

Antonica
Premium Member
join:2002-09-02

Antonica to Cptbeatstix

Premium Member

to Cptbeatstix
I know from personal experience that at least for PA, if you are under the age of 18 you have to have parental consent and signature to obtain a marriage license.

Draiman
Let me see those devil horns in the sky
join:2012-06-01
Kill Devil Hills, NC

Draiman to Krisnatharok

to Krisnatharok
said by Krisnatharok:

said by Cptbeatstix:

That's just Hugh Hefner as a young adult.

mettachain
Goblineer
join:2011-09-27
Azeroth

mettachain to Krisnatharok

to Krisnatharok
said by Krisnatharok:

said by Cptbeatstix:

Love does not know numbers!

Gork
Ou812ic
join:2001-10-06
Bountiful, UT

Gork

said by mettachain:

Love does not know numbers!

Sadly, many tend to believe it does. My 38yo cougar coworker married a 23yo guy and you wouldn't believe the crap she's taken for it. It's been really tough on her. People calling her "cougar" and the like...

Tare
Premium Member
join:2009-10-27
Windham, ME

Tare

Premium Member

If the grand total number of sex offenders dropped from the game is only 3500 (a tiny number on a national scale) then I believe they have reserved this act to only the most heinous of sex offenders- most likely the "probable" repeat offenders of pedophilia.

Its such a gray area. I have a buddy (like I've seen from some previous posts) who was 18yo with a 16 yo girlfriend (they were even in the same class- she is smart and he is dumb-lol) Her parents found out, pressed charges and he has been a convicted sex offender ever since and it has tragically affected his life to the negative.

He's married to her now (has been for 22 years) and has packed up and moved away as far as possible from everyone who loved him and her in an effort to escape the stigma. Her parents have not ever seen thier grand children and have seen her twice in a decade. Petty, jealous or overprotective parents have absolutely ruined the lives (or negatively affected them is a major way) of an entire family.

I always make a point of when I see them to shake my head and make sure they see it- and that I'm STILL pissed they were responsible for two very good friends being mostly removed from my life forever.

Sadness, indeed.
Cptbeatstix
join:2011-12-21
Carrollton, TX

Cptbeatstix to Krisnatharok

to Krisnatharok
Google it, I think it was california. An actor or something did it.