Goya Asma
Premium
join:2002-02-18
Marion, IA
reply to Mediacon

Re: Bandwidth monitoring

»www.mediacomtoday.com/usagemeter/index.php

How your excess data usage will be billed

What if I use more data than my plan allows?
Mediacom attempts to contact you before you exceed your usage allowance to try to help you avoid going over. If you do, however, whether or not you received prior notice, Mediacom may then begin billing you $10 more for every whole or partial block of 50GB you use during that billing cycle. For example, if you use 51GB of additional capacity, your additional charge would be $20.

When will charges for exceeding my usage allowance show up on my bill?
Your data allowance is based on usage during your monthly billing cycle. Depending on your billing date and when you exceed your data allowance within your billing cycle, it may take on (1) to two (2) billing cycles before you will see usage charges on your bill.

Where will I receive notices about my broadband usage?
Mediacom attempts to send notices about your broadband usage when usage approaches certain thresholds to the primary e-mail address that you set up when you registered for Service address on file.
--
Save water...drink beer!
--
#occupytheworkplace
--
Obama...it's junior high school all over again!
--
Democrats don't mind raising taxes because democrats don't pay taxes.
Expand your moderator at work

macdude22

join:2005-09-08
Grinnell, IA

2 edits

Re: Bandwidth monitoring

Thank you for your contribution to the OP question. Mediacom's suite of sites can be confusing at best to navagate. One would think you would be able to check your usage at mediacomcc where you pay your bill. Instead you need a different account at a different site. Very intuitive.

drslash
Goya Asma
Premium
join:2002-02-18
Marion, IA

1 recommendation

One of my chief complaints about Mediacom over the years is that as a technology based company, the lack of technological innovation, the slow adoption of commonplace technologies, and the outright fumbling of the ball (email changes fiasco, for one, was a complete joke) are unacceptable and inexcusable. I have no doubt that the IT people behind the scenes are hardworking and have good intentions. The IT people either lack robust skill sets or lack the resources to be more leading edge or both. My impression is that Mediacom outsources a task and then cobbles it together with what they have and takes over maintenance. I expect more for my money with Mediacom, a lot more.
--
Save water...drink beer!
--
#occupytheworkplace
--
Obama...it's junior high school all over again!
--
Democrats don't mind raising taxes because democrats don't pay taxes.

Lar

join:2002-06-17
Iowa
Just like they out source an install and then won't pay for damaged property. Do not ever let a contracted installer into your home..ASK first then SLAM the door in their face if they are!
--
www.r-force.org