Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

StumpMan
Premium
join:2001-07-26
Clinton, NC

Trouble getting Raids going

Before MoP our guild was running 5 raid groups a week, knocking down Deathwing on a constant basis. We also ran ICC and did older dungeons for newer members or anyone who wanted transmogs.

After MoP came out we stopped raiding to allow folks to level up to 90, then we would resume. Well. Not sure what happened but trying to get just 10 people together is as easy as nailing water to a tree.

Don't know what happened but we can't even manage 1 group now.

We have over 900 folks in our guild but just can't get them going again in a raid. Anyone got any suggestions or ideas?

Antonica
Premium
join:2002-09-02
kudos:1
go find another guild/raid that is hardcore and has players with the same dedication you have.

Otherwise it's just stress for you and for them. If they want to lay low and not do as much, and you pressure them... that can lead to unpleasant feelings. Or like wise, if they want to do more and you aren't able to do what they need, they won't enjoy as much either.

Try to surround yourself with players that are close to the same thoughts you are on raiding/leveling/etc if you are going for a guild feeling.
--
»Re: [game] Crazy Game - The Resurrection - Day 2
Corrupt Politician - tmodelt
You may privately message the rest of the mafia: ekster, Rook008 & Kristopher. You win with the mafia.
Expand your moderator at work

StumpMan
Premium
Clinton, NC
reply to StumpMan

Re: Trouble getting Raids going

I don't know that I can walk away from the guild. I am assistant GM in there, a few friends got together about two years ago and formed our own guild, and built it up to what it is today. Hard to walk away from something you helped build.

Ive thought about like incentives, like mounts or pets, even gold to spur folks along again. Didn't know if anyone had any luck with that or if something like that would backfire.

And Mettachain, yes, its a nickname I have had since high school waaaay back in the late 80s.

Antonica
Premium
join:2002-09-02
usually rewards tend to backfire. other players get jealous, some players start act like they're above and beyond and deserve all those special things just because they showed up and don't contribute any more than that.

It may work for some, but not for others.

mettachain
Goblineer

join:2011-09-27
Azeroth
reply to StumpMan
said by StumpMan:

And Mettachain, yes, its a nickname I have had since high school waaaay back in the late 80s.

lolwut? wth did my comment get modded?!?! that was a common southern metaphor. That is just discriminatory!
--
Reading your post made me want to punch a kitten in the jawbone.

StumpMan
Premium
Clinton, NC
I didn't see anything wrong with it. I'm southern and totally understood it.

Cptbeatstix

join:2011-12-21
Carrollton, TX
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Antonica
Agreed. Steer clear of the rewards. You only get loot whores with those. Just announce at the beginning of the week what you are doing and go off that. If anything, try to recruit for like 2 weeks in the guild. If that fails, recruit outside of guild. Once your old raiders see the guild starting to clear content, it might motivate them to get back into raiding.

stonhinge
Premium
join:2003-07-28
Topeka, KS
reply to StumpMan
Every year my raid has lost a few members, but we generally build back up after a few months. Also, November-December tends to mire people down in RL. After the first of the year, you might get some people back (or at least have more new people available).
--
When the ship lifts, all bills are paid. No regrets.

seaquake
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-23
Millersville, MD
reply to StumpMan
As mentioned above, between Thanksgiving and the New Year seems to be a low point in activity due to RL for many players. I think what's also contributed is the *need* to run so many damn dailies to get rep to get VP gear. Blizz came out and said it wasn't necessary but talking with the people I know, it really was necessary

The numerous amounts of dailies is great. Tying VP gear to rep levels is not. I hope they don't do this in the future.

Keep the mounts and other misc crap tied to the rep; stuff that won't hinder progression. That's my $0.02.