uniqs

StumpMan
Premium Member
join:2001-07-26
Clinton, NC

StumpMan

Premium Member

Re: Trouble getting Raids going

I don't know that I can walk away from the guild. I am assistant GM in there, a few friends got together about two years ago and formed our own guild, and built it up to what it is today. Hard to walk away from something you helped build.

Ive thought about like incentives, like mounts or pets, even gold to spur folks along again. Didn't know if anyone had any luck with that or if something like that would backfire.

And Mettachain, yes, its a nickname I have had since high school waaaay back in the late 80s.

Antonica
Premium Member
join:2002-09-02

Antonica

Premium Member

usually rewards tend to backfire. other players get jealous, some players start act like they're above and beyond and deserve all those special things just because they showed up and don't contribute any more than that.

It may work for some, but not for others.

mettachain
Goblineer
join:2011-09-27
Azeroth

mettachain to StumpMan

to StumpMan
said by StumpMan:

And Mettachain, yes, its a nickname I have had since high school waaaay back in the late 80s.

lolwut? wth did my comment get modded?!?! that was a common southern metaphor. That is just discriminatory!

StumpMan
Premium Member
join:2001-07-26
Clinton, NC

StumpMan

Premium Member

I didn't see anything wrong with it. I'm southern and totally understood it.
Cptbeatstix
join:2011-12-21
Carrollton, TX

Cptbeatstix to Antonica

to Antonica
Agreed. Steer clear of the rewards. You only get loot whores with those. Just announce at the beginning of the week what you are doing and go off that. If anything, try to recruit for like 2 weeks in the guild. If that fails, recruit outside of guild. Once your old raiders see the guild starting to clear content, it might motivate them to get back into raiding.