Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Semaphore
Premium
join:2003-11-18
kudos:1

CDN: HydroOne Storm Center

I've used this for a while now to check for electrical problems without dispatch and to ballpark the survivability of my UPS's. Thought it would be useful to others in Ontario especially today »www.hydroone.com/stormcenter/

voxframe

join:2010-08-02
That's INSANE!

I wish Hydro-Quebec had that! Very well done!

Semaphore
Premium
join:2003-11-18
HydroOttawa has one as well and it's broken more than not. HydroOne been criticized for a lot of things but that's pretty damn slick. It's real time thanks to their Smart Meters. I've been using it all day long unfortunately... oh and this storm is coming your way Saturday/Sunday Vox. Fuel up yer gennies and charge your spare UPS's: it's 26" of heavy wet snow with 1/2" of freezing rain in the middle just to make it even more of a bitch.

prairiesky

join:2008-12-08
canada
kudos:2
reply to Semaphore
I use it for one of my installs. It's fantastic. And most of the time it's a power issue on their end.

voxframe

join:2010-08-02
reply to Semaphore
Hehehe we've already been battening down the hatches here. Got a crew up on 2 mountains today with the snowcat fueling up.

We have one site that's been running on genny for 2 days now due to a tree on the line on the mountain, that's a bitch.

Inssomniak
The Glitch
Premium
join:2005-04-06
Cayuga, ON
kudos:2
reply to Semaphore
Yea Ive seen that before, unfortunately Im in an area not serviced by Hydro One, although we are home to one of their power plants.
--
OptionsDSL Wireless Internet
»www.optionsdsl.ca

raytaylor

join:2009-07-28
reply to Semaphore
i must say that for all the crap i see posted online about the hydro one smart meters - that interface is pretty awesome.