All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed
« To be clear...secure element »
This is a sub-selection from Figures.....

SADFASDF

@comcast.net
reply to Woody79_00

Re: Figures.....

You're deadly wrong! ATT and VZ are the same. It depends on who sucks the most money from consumers like US.

bnceo

join:2007-10-11
Bel Air, MD

I can use Google Wallet on my unlocked Galaxy Nexus which using an AT&T Sim. Seems to me, in this case, AT&T > Verizon. I can actually buy a GSM phone unlocked and use it on AT&T without so much as calling them. Just pop in the sim and boom. Works.

en103

join:2011-05-02
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
reply to SADFASDF

All carriers / megacorps are evil in their own ways.

AT&T = bad PR / slow buildout / anti competitive
Verizon = anti competitive, monopolistic

For me , VZW (and VZ itself) were horrible to deal with as both a consumer and at a business level.
AT&T isn't great, but has been better to deal with - I just don't like their methods - (eg. throttlegate)

googlef

@distributel.net

google = data logger / sells your information / offshore tax shelter / etc they are all the same

nanaki333

join:2010-08-11
Chantilly, VA
reply to bnceo

running cn mod, a build.prop modification, and a modified .com file you have to copy in to the system/app folder.... i can run it on my galaxy s3.

Brian1234

@sit-co.net
reply to bnceo

I am using Google Wallet on my rooted Verizon Gnex. Your argument is invalid.

bumgee

@comcast.net
reply to googlef

I don't mind Google collecting my info to use in their business model as long as it provides me a better experience overall. I trust Google far more than I trust ATT and VZW. I hope that Google creates their own mobile network. Giving up my data will ultimately result in a much cheaper service for me and a better experience because they will already know what I like and can deliver that to me much faster than me having to search the net for answers to my questions.

Nope

@verizon.net
reply to googlef

Google doesn't sell your information, they sell access to your eyeballs based on your overall profile. Advertisers don't know anything about you, they pay Google to show their ads to "X people matching Y profile".

If Google did actually sell your information then that would be a terrible business decision for them, because they could only sell it once to each customer. Instead they can re-sell access to you infinitely.

bnceo

join:2007-10-11
Bel Air, MD
reply to Brian1234

No actually, you validated it. I run stock out of the box and it works. No rooting or nothing needed. Which is how it should be.

Denverite

@comcast.net
reply to bnceo

Meh. Verizon and AT&T don't work where I live. TMobile actually built a tower at the end of the block where I'm at in 2008; when it was still VoiceStream. It's been an interesting 10+ year marriage. I can roam on CellOne (yes, it still exists) but AT&T doesn't have a roaming agreement with them.

On our city block is a Business Director at MagTek, and he has an interesting point- you can't buy anything with a smartphone if the network is down or battery in your phone is dead, which sometimes happens. So I don't know. It's neat technology, but a credit or debit card doesn't need requisite requirements met, and privacy is protected.

tcope
Premium
join:2003-05-07
Sandy, UT
kudos:2

said by Denverite :

On our city block is a Business Director at MagTek, and he has an interesting point- you can't buy anything with a smartphone if the network is down or battery in your phone is dead, which sometimes happens. So I don't know. It's neat technology, but a credit or debit card doesn't need requisite requirements met, and privacy is protected.

He's partially incorrect. At least with ISIS (and I'm betting it's true of GW as well) you don't need a data connection for a purchase. It's the same as if you were to use a card or token to pay.... no data connection is required.

ISIS (and probably GW) is as secure as a debit card. More secure then a credit card. ISIS requires that a PIN be entered on the phone before it can be used. If I have your credit card, I can use it any place I want.

A dead battey? Yeah... I guess that could happen. But it would be a freak thing.... my battery is dead and I did not drive to the store or have a charger in the car.

tcope
Premium
join:2003-05-07
Sandy, UT
kudos:2
reply to bumgee

AT&T, Verizon and TM don't have access to your purchase information. Neither does ISIS.

anon_54345

@107.38.206.x
reply to googlef

said by googlef :

google = data logger / sells your information / offshore tax shelter / etc they are all the same

correct

so who cares if someone else finally returns the $$crewing to google?

not me

i hate ATT, Verizon and most of the rest of those colluding in the cellular industry but google is worse than all. brin and page are lying crooks.

anon_i87654

@107.38.206.x
reply to Nope

just wait. just wait until you see a complete profile of you posted online. there are over 500 tracking companies spying on you as you travel the internet and as the years go by they will be consolidating their info, merging, taking over the smaller, etc.

btw 500 freaking companies - there must be making tens of billions selling our private data.