uniqs

Antonica
Premium Member
join:2002-09-02

Antonica to Mattphill

Premium Member

to Mattphill

Re: [MoP] Guild Recruiting (How To?)

I see a lot of people spam in Trade chat about their guild. I assume they do it because it works so that is probably an option.

Just grouping with people and inviting strangers you see in the world adds up fast too.
Mattphill
join:2012-12-21
Somerset, KY

Mattphill

I worry about posting grecruitment in /2 because I think it annoys people. I wonder if it works though? Also, would you piss off more people by spamming /2 than you would recruiting? . . . hmmm

mettachain
Goblineer
join:2011-09-27
Azeroth

mettachain

not neccessarily. as long as you don't spam Trade every 30 seconds with your guild recruitment advert. try to space it at least 120 seconds between posts.
Mattphill
Somerset, KY

Mattphill

said by mettachain:

not neccessarily. as long as you don't spam Trade every 30 seconds with your guild recruitment advert. try to space it at least 120 seconds between posts.

Good point. Trade chat here we come!
Mattphill

Mattphill

To join the Guild Recruitment Channel it's just /join GuildRecruitment amirite? I've only been in it on new toons and they didn't have that channel when I first started playing

mettachain
Goblineer
join:2011-09-27
Azeroth

mettachain

i believe so. also, i forgot to mention that the guild UI has a reruitment pane available to officers of the guild where you can put a short description of the guild and list it on the guild recruitment UI in game. it'll show your guild level, icon and what ever you post in the description. be sure to check back at least once a week on that as well to see if anyone has put an "application" via the stock UI there.

best bet is put yourself out there. join pugs, make friends, advert in Trade, Guildrecruitment, General chats. make that website (wowstead and enjin offer free hosting), eventually purchase a Ventrilo or Mumble server, and have fun.
cigtyme
Coonass and Proud of it
join:2010-08-17
Houma, LA

cigtyme

Also posting here is a nice thing also, You cannot recruit, but i have made a similar post to this when my guild was growing. I recieved great advice. I also recieved PMs, which lead to alts and some mains. The members of this board, regardless if they are respected, or considered a troll, Have had great input in some of my descisions on guild matters. And helping me with recruiting strats.
Mattphill
Somerset, KY

Mattphill

said by cigtyme:

Also posting here is a nice thing also, You cannot recruit, but i have made a similar post to this when my guild was growing. I recieved great advice. I also recieved PMs, which lead to alts and some mains. The members of this board, regardless if they are respected, or considered a troll, Have had great input in some of my descisions on guild matters. And helping me with recruiting strats.

Agree totally, this is a great site!
cigtyme
Coonass and Proud of it
join:2010-08-17
Houma, LA

cigtyme

I found a OT in the WoW forums. I posted what we wanted. Put my Battletag. They have no bump rules, so what i did was put extra stuff i never needed to happen. Like i put we needed heals and DPS. In order to bump it i put:"Auditioning a Warlock tonight, so hold on DPS." Next day i would put Warlock didn't pan out. DPS back open. I would use this as a bump, without putting BUMP.

This may be dumb advice, but i thought i would share.