Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

maxey13
Premium
join:2001-06-02
Anderson, IN

Need help with Toshiba IK-WB21A Camera

Is anyone still running this camera. I am trying to find software to use other than Window Explorer with Vista. Even with Vista I can't take the one shot. I see no support on the Toshiba site....Thanks Dennis

Dogg
Premium
join:2003-06-11
Belleville, IL

From the pdf, looks like everything is done via browser.

So I guess it depends on what exactly you are trying to do.
--
Google is your Friend

maxey13
Premium
Anderson, IN

I am trying to run the camera with Firefox or Google Chrome. I am also having problems in Vista saving a one shot picture. I have the correct path and the directory in my documents but the file doesn't save. When I click on one shot I just get another box with a one shot icon and no picture. Everything seemed to work fine with Windows XP but in Vista I'm having these problems. I thought there might be an update somewhere. I can't find anything on the Toshiba page....Thank you

Dogg
Premium
join:2003-06-11
Belleville, IL
Reviews:
·Charter
reply to maxey13

First, I would try using IE.

Hardware that uses a browser for the interface, typically has fewer issues when using IE. Quirks like this are often experienced when using other browsers. Especially when you are dealing with hardware that was written to use a browser that is now several versions old.

The only update you would likely find, would be a firmware update. But even then, it's more likely to fix hardware issues, not necessarily browser interface problems. Again, because it likely hasn't been updated recently enough to take new browsers into account.
--
Google is your Friend

maxey13
Premium
Anderson, IN

Ok Dogg, thank you very much for your time and information. I guess the bottom line is the camera is getting kind of older and not much support for it anymore. It's funny camera finder doesn't find it anymore but if I use IE and the old url I used to see it it's there and I can turn it but it seems like I am just a user and not the administrator.

Thanks again, Dennis

plk
Premium
join:2002-04-20
united state
reply to maxey13

Did you get your one shot and save to work?
We got it working and even got it working on a phone.
Don't know anything about different then IE tho

maxey13
Premium
Anderson, IN

Yes I was able to get the one shot to work in IE on a Windows XP machine. After clicking one shot a blank box appears. In the upper left hand side there is a little box that says one shot picture with a small icon. If you right click on the icon it says show picture but the picture won't show. The one shot picture can still be found on the documents\toshiba\NetworkCamera directory. I can only get the one shot to work on XP and not on Vista but that's a start.....
Also if I click on record and then the 80 seconds box comes up is there a way to make it take a picture every 5 minutes instead of taking one about every second.
I just to be short, yes works on XP but nothing else. Thanks for your response and any more you might have....Dennis

plk
Premium
join:2002-04-20
united state

in IE, if you go to tools then "internet options" then "security" then "local intranet" and uncheck enable protected mode your one shot will show picture.

maxey13
Premium
Anderson, IN

downloadcamera.docx.zip 737,732 bytes
I don't seem to have that option. After I go to local intranet the is no option for uncheck enable protected mode. Thanks for your help..Dennis