how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

pjhofmann

join:2000-08-22
Cary, NC
reply to elwoodblues

Re: [NFL] Sanchez Benched, Tebow heading to CFL?

I honestly have no idea why the Jets traded for Tebow in the first place, then to never really use him, it's a complete mess. I never thought Sanchez was that great but serviceable and acquiring Tebow only screwed up his mind. No reason to not start Tebow now especially after getting him like they did, if he flames out then get rid of him.

fatness
subtle
Premium,ex-mod 01-13
join:2000-11-17
fishing
kudos:14
said by pjhofmann:

No reason to not start Tebow now especially after getting him like they did, if he flames out then get rid of him.

The reason not to start Tebow is because the Jets think McElroy may be a future help to them while Tebow won't be. They're going to get rid of Tebow, who will reportedly ask to be cut or traded.
--
my pants are parched and thirsty

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in
kudos:2
Frankly I think the reason tebow isn't starting is if he starts and wins the last two games, is it'llake Rex look bad , Tebowmania will be heading out of town. Sanchez (in light of his contract) will start next season.

FFH5
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
kudos:5
said by elwoodblues:

Frankly I think the reason tebow isn't starting is if he starts and wins the last two games, is it'llake Rex look bad , Tebowmania will be heading out of town. Sanchez (in light of his contract) will start next season.

The deal the Jets made to get Tebow looks stupid if they never planned on using him. Why was it again they traded to get him in the 1st place? Was that an owner decision the coach was against from the beginning?
--
A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves money from the public treasury.

Merry Christmas »goo.gl/Y2AEF

StudioTech
Off The Air

join:2001-10-10
Edison, NJ
said by FFH5:

The deal the Jets made to get Tebow looks stupid if they never planned on using him. Why was it again they traded to get him in the 1st place? Was that an owner decision the coach was against from the beginning?

You can sum it up in three letters... P-S-L

fatness
subtle
Premium,ex-mod 01-13
join:2000-11-17
fishing
kudos:14
reply to FFH5
said by FFH5:

Was that an owner decision the coach was against from the beginning?

I think it was an owner decision to get him. And I think once the coaching staff saw his abilities and progress, or lack of both, in practices and preseason games, it was a coaching decision not to play him.

He's not a good QB and he hasn't progressed much toward being one in 3 years in the league.
--
my pants are parched and thirsty