Guspaz
Guspaz
Premium,MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC
kudos:23
reply to ragingwolf

Re: Cogeco to buy Peer1

Ah, Cogeco. The company whose own employees can't get Cogeco service, because they put their headquarters in Montreal, completely outside of their own service area...

My employer also uses Peer1, not sure how this will effect us either. Although as a developer I'm pretty far removed from such things :P
--
Developer: Tomato/MLPPP, Linux/MLPPP, etc »fixppp.org

rogersmogers

@start.ca

said by Guspaz:

Ah, Cogeco. The company whose own employees can't get Cogeco service, because they put their headquarters in Montreal, completely outside of their own service area...

My employer also uses Peer1, not sure how this will effect us either. Although as a developer I'm pretty far removed from such things :P

Do you realize how many people work for Rogers and cannot get cable tv or internet from them? I can name at least 7 Rogers call centres in areas that only have Rogers wireless.

nitzguy
Premium
join:2002-07-11
Sudbury, ON
reply to Guspaz

said by Guspaz:

Instead of hops showing as ****.peer1.net, they'll show as ****.Cogecopeer1.net or perhaps just Cogeco Data Services as an arm of what they already own of the former Toronto Hydro Telecom...

...Watch TSI use a different provider for transit once things do come up for renewal as I'm sure it will get more pricey lol.

join:2007-09-06
Etobicoke, ON

said by nitzguy:

Instead of hops showing as ****.peer1.net, they'll show as ****.Cogecopeer1.net or perhaps just Cogeco Data Services as an arm of what they already own of the former Toronto Hydro Telecom...

Not likely for either.