dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
Fleeced
join:2012-10-06

Fleeced to ifa

to ifa

Re: [VoIP] Why is TWCNY&NJ charging me a modem fee?

Sleazy or not, it seems like they only do the modem fee for their internet and not their phone. It's annoying, but they are one of the last companies to actually charge that fee, and it's one of the lower fees of what I've seen (Comcast charges 7 I think, Centurylink where I live charges 5.95 or something for their DSL modems).
Neiljoshua
join:2012-08-20
Astoria, NY

Neiljoshua

I have RCN service in Astoria. RCN doesn't charge any modem fee. RCN has the real Tivo too. TWC has became a greedy corporation.... I wish Fios, and Google Fiber were available here in NYC. Then you will see all those crazy fees disappear.

StevenB
Premium Member
join:2000-10-27
New York, NY
·Charter

StevenB

Premium Member

said by Neiljoshua:

I have RCN service in Astoria. RCN doesn't charge any modem fee. RCN has the real Tivo too. TWC has became a greedy corporation.... I wish Fios, and Google Fiber were available here in NYC. Then you will see all those crazy fees disappear.

Just curious here. I'm in Astoria as well in zip code 11103 on 28th ave and 36th. you near there with rcn ?
Neiljoshua
join:2012-08-20
Astoria, NY

Neiljoshua

My zip code is 11102. I am by 26th ave and 21st

juilinsandar
Texas Gooner
Premium Member
join:2000-07-17
San Benito, TX

juilinsandar to Neiljoshua

Premium Member

to Neiljoshua
said by Neiljoshua:

I think that once other companies see that it's an easy way for them to get money with little to no fuss then all of them will fall in line. Not many people can afford to buy their own modem or have an interest in even going through that hassle.