spc
uniqs

Carpie
join:2012-10-19
united state

Carpie to Mattphill

to Mattphill

Re: [MoP] Guild Recruiting (How To?)

I'm in the same boat as you and have just recently started to recruit over the past two weeks or so. I didn't want to spam the trade channel so what I've been doing while online is just a /who 1-90 and then sorting by guild name to see who doesn't have a guild. For those folks I'd send a whisper letting them know about the guild and asking if there was any interested. Have had about 10 people join thus far and the guild has already gone up another three levels (from 5 to 8). Best of all, all of the people thus far have been great. One is even big into telecom and setup a vent server for us to be able to use without charge.

mettachain
Goblineer
join:2011-09-27
Azeroth

mettachain

Carpie. An easier method to scanning players who are unguilded is an in game addon called SuperGuildInvite from Curse.

A typical scan will take approx. 15 minutes for all players on your faction and server. A list will be generated showing you who is unguilded and you will have the option to Invite to Guild, whisper a preprogrammed greeting/advert, or both at the same time.

You can filter your results as well like level 21-90 (1-20 are usually trial accounts and can't join guilds).

stonhinge
Premium Member
join:2003-07-28
Topeka, KS

stonhinge to Carpie

Premium Member

to Carpie
I will mention that there's quite a few people who really hate unsolicited whispers about guild invites. I find them to be the equivalent of the people who ask you to take a survey/sign up for whatever at the mall. Also telemarketers.

Granted, there are probably people who are looking for a guild, and don't have a good idea on how to go about it. just be warned that it'll annoy some people and possibly get you ignored. That said, make sure only one person is doing it at a time, and wait a decent length of time before doing it again. Keeping track of people who say "no" is probably a good idea as well.

you're going to have to sell yourself, and the guild, to any potential new members. Vent server is probably a plus. Pug raids - even for older content - can be a source of members. Just don't do it in a raid you didn't start up - at least, not without asking the person who formed it up first. you might not be the only person looking for new members. Ulduar meta achievement/legendary crafting runs are popular for the drakes. While BWL is technically soloable, with multiple people Razorgore is less of a hassle, and a lot of people like the look of T2 (and the nice 1H/2H swords in there).