--
Battle.net Tech Support MVP

londoner1

join:2007-04-26
London, ON
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
·TekSavvy Cable

"In light of the above, the Commission denies RCP’s proposed monthly access rates. The Commission approves on an interim basis the following per-end-user rates for the new aggregated TPIA services, effective the date of this order: $14.25 for 25 Mbps downstream / 2 Mbps upstream, $21.00 for 35 Mbps downstream / 3 Mbps upstream, $21.00 for 45 Mbps downstream / 4 Mbps upstream, and $22.69 for 150 Mbps downstream / 10 Mbps upstream."

Can someone tell me to be happy or angry

resa1983
Premium
join:2008-03-10
North York, ON
kudos:10

said by londoner1:

"In light of the above, the Commission denies RCP’s proposed monthly access rates. The Commission approves on an interim basis the following per-end-user rates for the new aggregated TPIA services, effective the date of this order: $14.25 for 25 Mbps downstream / 2 Mbps upstream, $21.00 for 35 Mbps downstream / 3 Mbps upstream, $21.00 for 45 Mbps downstream / 4 Mbps upstream, and $22.69 for 150 Mbps downstream / 10 Mbps upstream."

Can someone tell me to be happy or angry

We dunno yet, because they still haven't ruled on the Part 1.

They're setting prices for the 'new' tiers at the 'old' tiers pricing for agg. Which is good (and frankly right), so there'll no price increase for agg..

But the question is, what happens with the Part 1, which demands speedmatching enforcement?

If Rogers really wanted to, they could grandfather everyone at current speeds, introduce their 'new' tiers for same price, and if you want the speed increases on agg, you'd have to pay the price to set up a new account, or switch speed tiers..

And... Theres no word at all for non-agg.

So, still waiting on Part 1 to decide the fate of TPIA.
--
Battle.net Tech Support MVP

londoner1

join:2007-04-26
London, ON

1 recommendation

So this is like someone gave me fruit cake for xmas....i was so excited to open it only to find....meh

When is it expected that Part 1 will be ruled on........hopefully it's not a present from the Easter Bunny hahahahaha

Teddy Boom
k kudos Received
Premium
join:2007-01-29
Toronto, ON
kudos:19

1 edit
reply to resa1983

said by resa1983:

ITS OUT!

Well that's unexpected!

Still, only rules on the fate of about 2000 customers, compared to however many Teksavvy and Distributel customers at 18 and 28.. More than 100,000 accounts?

It seems like it is almost certain that disaggregated will get the speeds too, but it might take a few months longer. Since migration to aggregated is actually in the works now, it may not make much difference..

More details on the switch to aggregated would be helpful, but you can see initial information:
»Re: Start.ca VS Distributel
For Rogers, we simply have a massive migration to do and it's just not simple. We have agreements that need to be dealt with for the existing gig links that would all be dropped if we migrated.. Rogers is working with us to come up with a plan. We met with them last week and we have a plan to begin by enabling the rest of their POIs first, sometime in Feb or March, then start migrating one POI at a time over to the aggregated model and by end of year we should be fully migrated.
--
electronicsguru.ca

creed3020
Premium
join:2006-04-26
Kitchener, ON
kudos:2
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to resa1983

Awesome!

Just finished reading it. Funny how the wholesale cost for 45/4 is the same as 35/3. The decision makes sense and is fair. Now we wait for the bigger fish to finishing frying.

chooch1911

@teksavvy.com

Can someone explain the outcome like I'm 5?

The Mongoose

join:2010-01-05
Toronto, ON

From what I'm reading this decision is for aggregated TPIA only and will have no effect on TSI at the moment. It's not bad news, though...we have to wait to see the bigger decisions affecting TekSavvy.

Johny

join:2012-12-06
reply to chooch1911

me too hahaha