how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

jnewcastle

join:2004-05-03
Kalamazoo, MI
reply to nunya

Re: [CATV] CableCard for Silicon Dust HDHomeRun Prime??

The HDHomerun has two tuners as you know. The HDHomerun prime has 3 tuners. I have 2 of the original HDHomeruns working with mythtv and just got my second prime a week ago. I love the primes because there is just one coax on them for all 3 tuners. My orginal HDHomeruns had two inputs and signal was getting iffy after splitters. The Prime seems to be much more solid and you don't have to put a cc in it, you can use it just like your original HDHomeruns and get qam or ota on them. I think they will do ota, I know they do qam as I played around with mine before I put the cc in it.

Using the CC and .25 of myth, channel scanning is a breeze compared to the older homeruns. Just pull the listing in from source and done. No more scanning for what seemed like hours and then cleanup afterwards.

I plan to pull at least one if not both of my homeruns out soon and just use the two primes as 6 tuners should be more than enough for my main system and test machine.

nunya
LXI 483
Premium,MVM
join:2000-12-23
O Fallon, MO
kudos:12
Reviews:
·Charter
·voip.ms
Can you watch 3 separate HD streams off of one card? They seem to allude to that, but I can't find anything "definite". Even if it could give 2 concurrent HD streams, I would be happy.

They do integrate with Myth very well.
--
If someone refers to herself / himself as a "guru", they probably aren't.

jnewcastle

join:2004-05-03
Kalamazoo, MI
Yes I have had my prime using all 3 tuners at one time without a problem. In order to get all 3 working with .25 you have to do a little trickery, but .26 has fixed this config problem.