uniqs
share rss forum feed

paintref
Look, I see stars

join:2003-02-21
Houston, TX
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse

Why is it so hard to find a good mechanic?

I was lucky that my dad found one and we have been using him off and on to repair our family vehicles.

He (and his staff) does good work and he doesn't charge an arm and a leg, but it took us a while to find him and before we were going to auto repair places that would charge us an arm and a leg (Even to my dad who is more mechanically inclined than I am).

I would even go as far as to say that to find a mechanic like this is almost like trying to find a needle in a haystack.

So, why is it so hard to find a good mechanic like this?

PrntRhd
Premium
join:2004-11-03
Fairfield, CA
Reviews:
·Comcast

said by paintref:

I was lucky that my dad found one and we have been using him off and on to repair our family vehicles.

He (and his staff) does good work and he doesn't charge an arm and a leg, but it took us a while to find him and before we were going to auto repair places that would charge us an arm and a leg (Even to my dad who is more mechanically inclined than I am).

I would even go as far as to say that to find a mechanic like this is almost like trying to find a needle in a haystack.

So, why is it so hard to find a good mechanic like this?

Because it is hard to find someone who can balance the $$$ demands of doing business while remaining focused on the demands of customer service.
HR issues (hired help)
inventory control
taxes
supplier stability
financials

paintref
Look, I see stars

join:2003-02-21
Houston, TX
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse

said by PrntRhd:

Because it is hard to find someone who can balance the $$$ demands of doing business while remaining focused on the demands of customer service.
HR issues (hired help)
inventory control
taxes
supplier stability
financials

That makes sense..never thought of it that way since I don't own/run a business of any kind.