uniqs
m3chen
join:2009-12-03
Toronto, ON

m3chen to nickvca

to nickvca

Re: Voltage-Hurt Locker Lawsuit Round 2 Against Teksavvy Users

@nickvca:

Very interesting document; I wonder if any thing like that could be written for a Canadian audience! Here is an tidbit from that pdf I found intriguing:

"The burden of proof remains with the claimant. They must
demonstrate that you either did, or authorised someone else to copy or share the whole or a
substantial part of the copyright work. There has never been a case in the UK where someone
has been found guilty of this type of infringement using solely IP address evidence."

Has there been a case in Canada where someone was found guilty based solely on IP evidence?
funny0
join:2010-12-22

funny0

said by m3chen:

@nickvca:

Very interesting document; I wonder if any thing like that could be written for a Canadian audience! Here is an tidbit from that pdf I found intriguing:

"The burden of proof remains with the claimant. They must
demonstrate that you either did, or authorised someone else to copy or share the whole or a
substantial part of the copyright work. There has never been a case in the UK where someone
has been found guilty of this type of infringement using solely IP address evidence."

Has there been a case in Canada where someone was found guilty based solely on IP evidence?

and i'd like to see any of you tell me when my ip address is making money so that one could prove its commercial or non commercial in nature at any given time no matter what protocol i am using!

Shrug
@videotron.ca

Shrug

Anon

said by funny0:

and i'd like to see any of you tell me when my ip address is making money so that one could prove its commercial or non commercial in nature at any given time no matter what protocol i am using!

Don't you worry. If ever you got nailed they would drop anything and everything against you since it's very clear you are not responsible for your actions.

*shrug*
...and such is life.