Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

rpjoe
Premium
join:2007-09-22
Rochelle Park, NJ

COZI TV replaced NonStop 460 vho7

it happened on the 20th at 6am. its like an AntennaTV clone. the weird thing is when i switch to OTA (over the air) antenna on 4.2 it has the aspect ratio of a doorway but on 460 its 4:3 with the old shows and 16:9 with new programming.
--
~ FiOS ~ * UltimateHD * QIP7232-2 * 35/35rev.G * iPhone 5 64GB W *

matcarl
Premium
join:2007-03-09
Franklin Square, NY

These subchannels keep changing their formats. I really wish the stations would get rid of them and concentrate on full bit rate on the main channels. I know they are supposed to serve niche audiences and people do like seeing some of them, but there are too many and none of them stay with the same format for more than a year.
Thanks for the update RPJOE.

Andy from CA
Premium
join:2008-09-05
Anaheim, CA
reply to rpjoe

Another AntennaTV MeTV type channel saying "me too" for grainy old reruns.

If they want to be different they should keep the 16:9 ratio and show reruns shot in 16:9 like Buffy/Angel and all the shows from the early days of 720/1080 HD.

Otherwise it's a game of "I missed the show on Antenna but I can watch it on Me or that NBC channel."

crgauth

join:2004-05-18
Glen Burnie, MD

Noticed we have it here in VHO4 as well.
Selection seems pretty poor. Maybe because of the holidays.

bohratom
Jersey Shore is back again.

join:2011-07-07
Red Bank NJ

1 edit
reply to rpjoe

Cozi seems more aimed at an older crowd while Nonstop was more targeted to a yuppi crowd with its emphasize on exercise, eatting right, etc.....

I never watched either one (just looked at programming each offers) so don't really care....

notcozi

@verizon.net

its not about demographics but low cost programming. it costs little to operate and program a national channel than original content in different regions of nbc owned and operated channels.

Greg2600

join:2008-05-20
Belleville, NJ
reply to rpjoe

COZI is owned by the NBC stations. I think what happened was that the affiliates beyond LA and NY didn't want to pay for the original content that was needed. So they all agreed to just make it a rerun channel. I did watch the He-Man She-Ra Christmas Special last night!!!!

rpjoe
Premium
join:2007-09-22
Rochelle Park, NJ
reply to rpjoe

it'd be nice if they showed CHiPs.

crgauth

join:2004-05-18
Glen Burnie, MD

Saw a preview show this am (they are reepating it every 3 hours).
Looks like 6 Million Dollar Man, Bionic Woman, Magnum PI are big name shows to start after the 1st.
Also will see Lone Ranger and Lassie as well.

Acct101

join:2011-09-20
Bensalem, PA
reply to rpjoe

I love all these channels that show TV shows from the 60's and 70's. It gives me something to watch as TV shows today are horrible.

icemannyr1

join:2001-04-11
Township Of Washington, NJ

Checking the guide for WNBC 4.2 the only local programming being kept is First Look, Talk Stoop and News 4 at 7pm.
All other programming is from COZI.

bohratom
Jersey Shore is back again.

join:2011-07-07
Red Bank NJ

2 edits
reply to rpjoe

IN VHO7 it still acts like a HD channel (aka it will not stretch like I have it set for SD channels) and I have to manually perform it. Might be something in the guide still left over from the old channel.

Mac973

join:2009-05-18
West Orange, NJ

said by bohratom:

IN VHO7 it still acts like a HD channel (aka it will not stretch like I have it set for SD channels) and I have to manually perform it. Might be something in the guide still left over from the old channel.

I think it has to do with the way the channel is broadcasting. I keep stretch turned off, but if I tune to 4.2 during the 7pm news the picture is stretched anyway. But then during Cozi programming the picture is back to 4:3.

icemannyr1

join:2001-04-11
Township Of Washington, NJ

4.2 is encoded as 16:9 SD by WNBC.
That's why you have to manually change the aspect ratio to have 4:3 programming stretched to fill the 16:9 frame.
Some of the older TV shows on Cozi might be remastered for 16:9.
If you watch UHD or WGN older TV shows from the 70's and 80's are shown in HD when the original broadcasts were 4:3.