how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

ssetta

join:2003-09-17
Natick, MA

[DVR] Pause/Pixelation Problem

I have 2 DVRs and I've noticed that with both of them, if I pause the program, it will cause pixelation in the exact spot where I paused it. I think this happened with the software update a few weeks ago. I tried resetting both the boxes, and it didn't seem to take care of the issue. Is anyone else experiencing this same thing?

ssetta

Natick, MA
Any help?????

ssetta

Natick, MA
reply to ssetta
Okay I don't think anybody's reading this, but I just exchanged the box for another one (DCX3400) and it has the exact same problem. I guess it's just a glitch in the software. Though I did recently get a new tv and that's when I started noticing it. I wonder if that could have an effect.

nrobot80

join:2012-12-05
Union City, GA
A new TV shouldn't be a cause of pixelation. Its like painting a car, redoing the interior but you have an engine that needs an oil change. It doesn't matter how the exterior looks, its the engine that drives it what matters the most. You can get a new box and a new TV until you are blue in the face. You should have a tech come out and take a look at your lines, if you say the same thing is happening on both DVR boxes then there could be a bad fitting, splitter, line, or drop. The problem may not even be in your house, it could be an outside plant issue. Call and have a service tech come take a look at your wiring from the TV to the tap.

ssetta

Natick, MA
People have suggested that to me before, but the reason why I think it's in the software is because, as I stated, it only happens when I pause a live program and in the exact place where I paused it. It also only happens on HD channels, and not SD channels.