share rss forum feed

dandelion
Premium,MVM
join:2003-04-29
Germantown, TN
kudos:5
reply to seropith

Re: News items

I am hoping this is not done...those irritating buttons are all over the place on other sites.

NotTheMama
What Would Earl Do?

join:2012-12-06

1 edit
But on other sites those buttons are somewhat less than "static" (meaning they're annoying when they slow down page loads). The 'Share Topic' button already exists here for every normal forum topic, just not for news--so why exclude news (though, yes, I'm aware the news items are formatted differently). (Just to be clear, I don't use facebook or twitter and have no use for such a button.)

I'm neutral if 'Share Topic' is simply extended to news items. (I'd be opposed to having facebook frames added to the site's html [Edit: other than in that little 'vote' popup, I mean].)
--
"...but ya doesn't hasta call me Johnson!"

AVD
Respice, Adspice, Prospice
Premium
join:2003-02-06
Onion, NJ
kudos:1
how had is it to C&P the URL?

NotTheMama
What Would Earl Do?

join:2012-12-06

1 recommendation

Not "hard" at all, but you do have to leave the page and go elsewhere to perform the paste, which is why the buttons exist--for convenience*. I have no objection to the site providing a convenience feature for others to use as long as it doesn't in the process also provide a hindrance to me. (*Having never used one of these types of buttons, I can only assume they actually make it simpler to "share".)
--
"...but ya doesn't hasta call me Johnson!"