join:2002-03-04
Bethlehem, PA
kudos:7
Reviews:
·PenTeleData
·Verizon Online DSL
reply to brvheart

Re: Motorola SBG6580 + Linksys BEFW11S4

#1 Ignore all network adapters that are not connected (disconnected state), and ignore all IPv6 network IDs - for example the Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface.

#2 It looks to me that either:

a) None of your computer's NIC is connected to the Linksys.

OR

b) If you have a NIC that is is connected to the Linksys, then it looks like to me that the DHCP Server in the Linksys is disabled.

#3 Do you have a second computer? For example..

a) Your Desktop

b) Your iPad

c) Your Laptop

#4 If so to my last question and if you checked the Default Gateway on your Desktop, do the same thing for the Laptop (how ever that is done on that OS and Version).

#5 If so to question number 3, but you have more than one Laptop, and if you checked the Default Gateway on one of your Laptops - Do the same thing for all of the other Laptops (if desired do the same thing for all of the computers).

^^^
--
Please use the "yellow (IM) envelope" to contact me and please leave the URL intact.

brvheart

join:2012-12-19
Kenosha, WI

I don't know what a NIC is. I also don't know what a default gateway is. Is a default gateway the 192.168.1.1 thing?

I have the motorola hooked up to my desktop, but I'll try to access the IP address software from one of my laptops.

ps. I have a motorola xoom as well as 6 laptops in the house.

brvheart

join:2012-12-19
Kenosha, WI

1 recommendation

reply to aefstoggaflm

It frustrating not understanding all this stuff, but what you suggested WORKED!

I just connected to the linksys with a laptop and went to 192.168.1.1 on the laptop.

THANK YOU!

aefstoggaflm
Open Source Fan
Premium
join:2002-03-04
Bethlehem, PA
kudos:7
Reviews:
·PenTeleData
·Verizon Online DSL

2 edits
reply to brvheart

said by brvheart:

I don't know what a NIC is.

#1 Let me show you an example of how a NIC is on Windows XP shows up (even if it is disabled).

a) I went to Start -> Control Panel -> Performance and Maintenance -> System -> Hardware -> Device Manager,

b) Under View, I made sure selected was Devices by Type.

#2 There are different kind of hardware NICs, besides how it connects to the network (wired or wireless).

a) To be more exact, how it connects to the computer (if one is not built into the motherboard of the computer).

Note: By one built into the motherboard, I mean like the one as shown at »en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Acer_···conn.svg

b) USB NICs

Like the one that is shown on the right hand side and top of the page at

»en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wireless_n···ntroller

c) PCI NICs

Like the one that is shown on the right hand side of the page at

»en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Network_card

I could on and on...

said by brvheart:

I also don't know what a default gateway is. Is a default gateway the 192.168.1.1 thing?

Since you have more than one router: That is the current LAN IP of one of your router(s).

If you want to know what a default gateway is, I point you to »en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Default_gateway

said by brvheart:

It frustrating not understanding all this stuff, but what you suggested WORKED!

I just connected to the linksys with a laptop and went to 192.168.1.1 on the laptop.

THANK YOU!

#1 You are welcome.

#2 Take your time and consider learning it.

a) When I started, I did not know everything.

b) And I still do not know everything.

--
Please use the "yellow (IM) envelope" to contact me and please leave the URL intact.