All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
TexasRebel
join:2011-05-29
Edgewood, TX

TexasRebel

Look what happens when you keep pushing with the BBB..

Looks like after bitchin enough about how poor my service has been operating, I get this response from HN Executive Services through the BBB.

These executive customer support reps are flat out liars. The tech came out and didn't find anything wrong with the equipment and said that the problems were further up the chain. Furthermore, not once did any tier 3 or tier 4 technician ever contact me to let me know why I was getting all the system state code errors as I posted in another thread. This company is piss poor in getting things fixed.

I suggest everyone that feels they are getting shafted by Hughesnet with their HNG4 service to contact the BBB and file a complaint. And don't give back a satisfactory response. I can now cancel this crappy service and not be penalized with a stupid termination fee. Those who are experiencing the same issues are advised to require the same action.

MESSAGE FROM BUSINESS:
December 21, 2012

Mr. Dennis
Trade Practice Consultant
Better Business Bureau
1411 K Street Northwest 10th Floor
Washington, DC 20005-3404

Re: Complaint ID 9325126

Dear Mr. Dennis:

In response to your second rebuttal letter, to the executive customer support division of Hughes, we have not contacted Mr. `name omitted' to resolve the outstanding matter. It is our understanding that Mr. `name omitted' has some concerns regarding his service. Regarding Mr. `name omitted’ concerns about receiving error codes and his system not performing as it should, Hughes has spent a lot of time troubleshooting his service with the addition of sending a tech on site. There has been no issues found with his last tech visit and remote troubleshooting has found no issues. Mr. `name omitted’ prior communications with technical support were all concerns with the speeds he was getting.

At this point, we are willing to agree to a cancellation of service with no early termination fee for Mr. `name omitted' if he isn’t satisfied with his current quality of service. Should Mr. `name omitted' want to continue using his service and he does feel that he’s experiencing technical issues with his service it is suggested that he contact technical support at 1-866-347-3292 to address those concerns. We sincerely regret any inconvenience that Mr. `name omitted' may have experienced and are hopeful that our actions will serve as a demonstration of our good faith. At this point, we would respectfully request that our response to this complaint be accepted as closure to the case. In the event you have any additional questions or comments, do not hesitate to contact me. Thank you very much for your consideration.

Very truly yours,
Darron D. Williams
Executive Customer Support
301-428-5500
executivecustomercare@hughes.net

compuguybna
join:2009-06-17
Nashville, TN

compuguybna

bbbdc@hughes.net also.
silbaco
Premium Member
join:2009-08-03
USA

silbaco to TexasRebel

Premium Member

to TexasRebel
Are you going to make the jump while you have the chance?

Some people have been using work arounds to get HomeFusion. They set it up at a different location where HomeFusion is sold, then move it to the location where they want it as long as there is 4G coverage. Seems to be working. Not sure if it violates terms or not.
TexasRebel
join:2011-05-29
Edgewood, TX

TexasRebel

I'm looking into going with Verizon's HomeFusion LTE in the first half of January hopefully.

HN didn't specify a timeframe that I could cancel, so I'm going with that's it's an open option for me to take now.

even if they didn't grant me a cancellation without a termination fee, I'd still cancel and block them from charging my CC. I'd of course send their equipment back, just like I did with Exede. All they want is the modem and TRIA. At least that's what Exede wanted back when they terminated me without paying a termination fee.

compuguybna
join:2009-06-17
Nashville, TN

compuguybna

The letter said "At this point, we are willing to agree to a cancellation of service with no early termination fee for Mr. `name omitted' if he isnt satisfied with his current quality of service."

TAKE THE "GET OUT OF JAIL FREE CARD" now!!!!!!!!!!!!! They might not offer it later on if you decide to stay "and deal with tech support".

3 years ago, I got the same letter when was on Spaceway3.
William Smouse was my rep. Sure they send the same canned letter to everyone when a bbb complaint comes thru.
said by TexasRebel:

I'm looking into going with Verizon's HomeFusion LTE in the first half of January hopefully.

HN didn't specify a timeframe that I could cancel, so I'm going with that's it's an open option for me to take now.

even if they didn't grant me a cancellation without a termination fee, I'd still cancel and block them from charging my CC. I'd of course send their equipment back, just like I did with Exede. All they want is the modem and TRIA. At least that's what Exede wanted back when they terminated me without paying a termination fee.

sharkyyoung
Premium Member
join:2012-03-15
Reno, NV

sharkyyoung to TexasRebel

Premium Member

to TexasRebel
said by TexasRebel:

If you go with Verizon's HomeFusion LTE let us know how it goes as they have been having problems with it disconnecting at least twice a day with no fix yet.
One More Too
join:2010-09-09
Galena, IL

One More Too

A concern that I would have about the quality of HomeFusion LTE would be whether the towers are going to be equipped to handle enough bandwidth to actually realize the performance that 4G should be capable of delivering.

In my area, 4G service has just started to become available during the last few months. If I go to a town with a population of about 30,000 about 30 miles away (with my 4G phone), I can get speeds of 15 or even 20 megabits per second. If I go into one of the smaller towns or out into the country, even though I can get a strong 4G signal, my speeds can drop to below 2 megabits per second. I'm confident that the diminished performance in the small towns is related to tower capacity. Thus, regardless of what the technology might be capable of delivering, if the towers are not equipped with enough bandwidth capability, performance might well be closer to what I'd expect to see with 3G, and performance during peak usage times might well be significantly worse than during off-peak times. Also, while pings are clearly better than satellite, they are nothing to write home about.

Those of us who live in more remote areas need to understand the reality that, as long as the cost of providing internet access to remote areas is going to be significantly higher than it would be to provide internet access to more densely populated areas, we are not going to see some company wave a magic wand and give us internet service options that come even close to what is available in urban areas and at a price point that those in urban areas are paying.
silbaco
Premium Member
join:2009-08-03
USA

silbaco

Premium Member

The pings times on HomeFusion seem to vary, though I don't think I have ever seen a ping reported higher than 150ms. Most of them are 70ms or under. That is not bad.
One More Too
Galena, IL

One More Too

said by silbaco:

The pings times on HomeFusion seem to vary, though I don't think I have ever seen a ping reported higher than 150ms. Most of them are 70ms or under. That is not bad.

I can't tell you for sure that the pings won't be better with HomeFusion, but, with my 4G phone, the best 4G pings I've been getting are around 150 ms, and they run as high as 300 ms. I'm not sure what would be better just because it is HomeFusion.

My guess would still be that performance with HomeFusion is going to vary widely depending on how much bandwidth is available from the tower that a customer is connected to and that available bandwidth will be at a lower level in more sparsely populated areas. I'd also guess that the first roll outs of HomeFusion have been in areas where the towers have more available bandwidth and that the same may not be the case for the areas where many of us live.

dbirdman
MVM
join:2003-07-07
usa

dbirdman

MVM

said by One More Too:

I can't tell you for sure that the pings won't be better with HomeFusion, but, with my 4G phone, the best 4G pings I've been getting are around 150 ms, and they run as high as 300 ms. I'm not sure what would be better just because it is HomeFusion.

I'm guessing I have more varied 4G experience than most, due to travels - I've used 4G now in dozens of cities and small towns. It is just as variable as 3G is, and neither the size of the town nor the length of time it has had 4G correlate very well. I've seen pings below 40 and above 300 in all sorts of different places.

At my home base in Eureka, CA, where I am now they turned on 4G 3 days ago, which makes this one the first that I've been in right at turn-on, and it is definitely doing well. I should be able to report its progression over time. I just did this test, USB tethered to my computer:

One More Too
Galena, IL

One More Too

said by dbirdman:

I'm guessing I have more varied 4G experience than most, due to travels - I've used 4G now in dozens of cities and small towns. It is just as variable as 3G is.

I guess that is really my point. My 4G experience also shows a wide range of performance from one location or time to the next. I can't tell you what accounts for those differences. Perhaps, it is related to the ratio of available bandwidth to the number of customers using bandwidth at any given time.

Thus, while I would have the hope that 4G will ultimately turn out to be the greatest thing since sliced bread for many, I'm not sure that is a certainty, and it may well be that, for people like Texas Rebel, the biggest difference, when he switches to HomeFusion, will be that it will be Verizon support that needs to deal with him and not Hughes support just as, when he switched from Exede to Gen4, it was Hughes support that needed to deal with him and not Exede support.

motoracer
join:2003-09-15
united state

motoracer to TexasRebel

to TexasRebel
HomeFusion Broadband Plans
Monthly Data Allowance Monthly Access
10GB $60
20GB $90
30GB $120

monicakm
join:2005-03-12