Premium
join:2002-04-20
Rockwood, MI
Reviews:
·WOW Internet and..
·AT&T Midwest

Buick Van Gas Tank issues--Reads Empty

Hi All

My Uncle has a 2007 Buick Teraza Van, and for a while now the gas tank gauge has been reading empty, since it's a converted Handicap van though--GM doesn't wanna take it apart to fix it or anything, The Conversion place keeps saying it's GM's issue...so so far 7 months of this, and still don't have it fixed...Any advice what I should tell him to do next, or guide him towards some way of getting this fixed?

Anonymous_
Anonymous
Premium
join:2004-06-21
kudos:2
Take it to a shop that will fix it?
That is a reasonable answer.

computerman2
Premium
Rockwood, MI
They keep saying "Because it's modified handicap van, they won't touch it, at GM shops, so then tried Mobility place that did the coversion, and they said it's GM parts, so it's GM's responsibility

Caddyroger
Premium
join:2001-06-11
To the west
reply to computerman2
Take it to different repair shops not the mobility shop that did the conversion or the dealer.
--
Caddy

Dodge
Premium
join:2002-11-27
reply to computerman2
said by computerman2:

They keep saying "Because it's modified handicap van, they won't touch it, at GM shops, so then tried Mobility place that did the coversion, and they said it's GM parts, so it's GM's responsibility

Call GM or Buick corporate offices and ask them if they can help you with a resolution.

Another option, if your uncle doesn't mind being portrayed as a victim on TV call your local news channel and see if they want to help you.

Anonymous_
Anonymous
Premium
join:2004-06-21
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
reply to computerman2
said by computerman2:

for a 07 Highly doubt it's still under any kind of warranty.

best best is make the place that did the conversion get it done.
--
Well, does your car at least turn into something else? Sometimes I turn it into a trashcan. Hmm...

computerman2
Premium
Rockwood, MI
Reviews:
·WOW Internet and..
·AT&T Midwest
Yes trying to do that, also emailed him a list of GM Toll Free Numbers, so rest is up to him really I suppose now...Believe he does have extended warranty he took out, but unknown if that is covered or not.

Meanwhile I guess just give him resources, and let him decide which is best I suppose now

Lurch77
Premium
join:2001-11-22
Oconto, WI
kudos:4
reply to computerman2
Take it to an independent shop. Not the mobility place nor the dealership. An independent place should fix it up for him without the run around.

I hope he has other mobility dealers around him that provide proper service after the sale. His current place could take some lessons. We have a mobility van as well, and our dealer has no problem taking care of it when needed.

computerman2
Premium
Rockwood, MI
Only Mobility Dealer found in the area he stated was Mobility Works, (might be more, but would have to look again to be sure)

Been 7 Months dealing with this gas gauge not reading correctly..should've in my opinion been solved months ago

nonymous
Premium
join:2003-09-08
Glendale, AZ
reply to computerman2
I would think someone should be able to at least diagnose it if not fix it.

Are the conversion parts blocking access to be able to fix it?

rody_44
Premium
join:2004-02-20
Quakertown, PA
reply to computerman2
Be honest its more about him not wanting to pay for the repair?

computerman2
Premium
Rockwood, MI
Reviews:
·WOW Internet and..
·AT&T Midwest
All I heard the times I went with him to find out on things, the manager at our local buick service center stated "Since it's converted they don't wanna be responsible for taking it apart and trying to fix it, if something doesn't go right" The coversion place just was like it's standard GM parts in the fuel system area.

So right now waiting on who is gonna fix it