join:2002-06-10
Spring, TX
(Software) pfSense
MikroTik CRS125-24G-1S-RM

1 recommendation

XCOM

Premium Member

[General] Can somebody expalin?

How come I am not seen none of the issues that others are complaining about regarding voip.ms.....

I have 0 issues.

Can somebody explain this oddity?

Others swear that is system wide (Even though they have distributed POP'S) but I have yet to see an issue...

skyhook
Premium Member
join:2004-06-30
Columbus, OH

1 edit

1 recommendation

skyhook

Premium Member

said by XCOM:

How come I am not seen none of the issues that others are complaining about regarding voip.ms.....

I have 0 issues.

Others swear that is system wide (Even though they have distributed POP'S) but I have yet to see an issue...

It's all Bush's fault.

This forum has changed and not for the better. Posts about technical matters related to Voip have been replaced by posters spreading FUD. I rarely post here but found this forum to be a fountain of useful information. Not so much anymore.

BTW, I use Voip.ms and have no complaints.
imekul
join:2008-11-21
Belleville, IL

imekul to XCOM

to XCOM
Me too... I've had voip.ms for a year, and can't say I've noticed any problems that could be their fault.
PX Eliezer704
Premium Member
join:2008-08-09
Hutt River

1 edit

PX Eliezer704 to XCOM

Premium Member

to XCOM
said by XCOM:

I have 0 issues.

It's not system-wide, your experience proves that.

Most Voip.MS customers are happy and contented.

It is known that they have some server issues to deal with and by all accounts they are doing so.

And they seem to have some DID issues especially with [some] Canadian numbers and I am sure they will deal with that too.
SCADAGeo
Premium Member
join:2012-11-08
N California

1 edit

SCADAGeo

Premium Member

said by XCOM:

said by PX Eliezer704:

It's not system-wide, your experience proves that.

It is known that they have some server issues to deal with and by all accounts they are doing so.

Like PX Elizer mentioned, it's not system-wide and VoIP.MS is working on it.

[edited for grammar]

nunya
LXI 483
MVM
join:2000-12-23
O Fallon, MO
·Charter

1 recommendation

nunya to XCOM

MVM

to XCOM
I like voip.ms and have been a supporter, but I have had two outages this week, and I'm fairly certain it wasn't on my end.
Yesterday, my voip.ms trunk suddenly went dead on the Chicago server and would not come up regardless of what I did. Moving everything to Atlanta fixed the issue for now, but I'm left with no idea as to what the problem was.
Two days before that, many of my callers were getting busy signal. That problem fixed itself before I could get into it.

I guess my point for posting is this: I'm a long time user of this site and I've been a happy Voip.ms customer for a few years. My problems were very real. It could be that everyone else' problems were real too.
I guess lately things have just felt "glitchy" to me. I don't plan on fleeing the scene any time soon.
The thing about voip is that there are a lot of links in the chain that have nothing to do with the ITSP. Sometimes it's hard to narrow down the issue before it "heals" itself.
lilarry
Premium Member
join:2010-04-06

lilarry to XCOM

Premium Member

to XCOM
Voip.ms is indeed having issues. As others have said, they are working on it. The issues are intermittent and may not be noticeable if you are a single user or doing a relatively low volume of calls. Those of us who are very high volume users and/or resellers are most definitely noticing the issues (and resellers are doubly frustrated as we are catching all kinds of complaints from our customers and are powerless to fix the issues).

XCOM
digitalnUll
Premium Member
Spring, TX
(Software) pfSense

XCOM

Premium Member

said by lilarry:

Voip.ms is indeed having issues. As others have said, they are working on it. The issues are intermittent and may not be noticeable if you are a single user or doing a relatively low volume of calls. Those of us who are very high volume users and/or resellers are most definitely noticing the issues (and resellers are doubly frustrated as we are catching all kinds of complaints from our customers and are powerless to fix the issues).

No single user here and I have try points that connect to my PBX. I also have a confbridge that gets a lot of traffic for my meetings.

None have experience any issues.
lilarry
Premium Member
join:2010-04-06

lilarry

Premium Member

said by XCOM:

You are lucky

But I as I said the problems are intermittent, and as PX says, probably not system-wide, so they just may not be affecting your setups.
advocate99
join:2011-03-08

advocate99

Before we can answer your questions, Xcom, we need to know your particulars:

1. What kind of setup do you run?
2. How many minutes do you originate each day?
3. How many minutes do you terminate each day?
4. Which servers are you registered to?
5. How often do you read your Asterisk logs?
said by lilarry:

said by XCOM:

You are lucky

But I as I said the problems are intermittent, and as PX says, probably not system-wide, so they just may not be affecting your setups.

Arne Bolen
User of Anveo Direct, 3CX and Qubes OS.
Premium Member
join:2009-06-21
Utopia

Arne Bolen to XCOM

Premium Member

to XCOM
As you are in Texas you are probably using the Houston or Dallas server. Those two servers seem to be very stable without issues. That could explain why you have no problems.

XCOM
digitalnUll
Premium Member
Spring, TX
(Software) pfSense

XCOM

Premium Member

said by Arne Bolen:

As you are in Texas you are probably using the Houston or Dallas server. Those two servers seem to be very stable without issues. That could explain why you have no problems.

And why others don't use it?

Arne Bolen
User of Anveo Direct, 3CX and Qubes OS.
Premium Member
join:2009-06-21
Utopia

Arne Bolen

Premium Member

said by XCOM:

Maybe to much focus on ping times?

XCOM
digitalnUll
Premium Member
Spring, TX

XCOM

Premium Member

Maybe....

IanBarnes
SofSwitch
join:2012-12-13
North Americ

1 recommendation

IanBarnes to XCOM

to XCOM
There is a reason why certain users use certain servers. Here's an example in Western Canada....

A user in Calgary, Alberta, Canada is with TELUS ISP, and due to the backbone that TELUS has, connects to the Toronto server and has no issues. The user then switches to Shaw Cable, who's fiber backbone hops and hiccups a different route than TELUS did, and user now has issues connecting to Toronto.

The user is switched to the Seattle server, and now has perfect connection with no issues. In this case the server choice mattered greatly depending on which ISP he used.

This my friends, is merely one of the reasons users get different results using different servers.

Happy Holidays to all
SCADAGeo
Premium Member
join:2012-11-08
N California

SCADAGeo to XCOM

Premium Member

to XCOM
said by XCOM:

said by Arne Bolen:

said by XCOM:

Maybe to much focus on ping times?

Earlier in the month, I, too, wondered about the issues that were posted, so I switched to one of the servers with intermittent issues (not listed in the issue tracker), and treated it like a black box (testing input and output).

I called from one sub-account to another sub-account.

First I tested direct dialing of the extension (internal test via 10_____), next, I called a DID (not from VoIP.MS) that sip forwarded the call back to the 2nd sub-account (external test), and finally I checked the call's disposition in the CDR to verify it matched my observations.

I was able to duplicate the issues that were mentioned, and I did it just to satisfy my curiosity.

said by PX Eliezer704:

Most Voip.MS customers are happy and contented.

Yep.

said by IanBarnes:

This my friends, is merely one of the reasons users get different results using different servers.

Happy Holidays to all

Happy Holidays to all!