spc
Search Topic:
share rss forum feed

anomcost

join:2010-04-03
Incline Village, NV
reply to anomcost

Re: Help. Several symptoms

Also, I think in a previous Malwarebytes scan yesterday, I included flash drive as well as C:\ and D:\ -- no problems detected with that either.

anomcost

Incline Village, NV

Hmm... on 2nd thought, I'm not sure if I did change power setting to not turn off **before** I ran online Eset the 1st time. I usually make sure to do this before doing a long scan. (I figure I should do this every time to prevent turning off, and that it makes a difference -- does it?)

Thanks for all your help.

anomcost

Incline Village, NV

Should have been more specific with #7:

7) After several times of this, I did system restore FROM SAFE MODE to before last Java install. WHEN IT REBOOTED to normal, got message that restore happened, but when I looked at restore points -- hadn't changed! (BTW did Windows update this morning, but new restore point showing happened yesterday Dec 20th.)

anomcost

Incline Village, NV

Oh, also... MS OneNote appeared in system tray after the first Java update Dec 16th. I've **never** used OneNote and hadn't seen icon there before. Reappears upon reboot -- even after I've removed icon.

Sorry to go on and on. Like I said, several weird symptoms. Figured the more detail you have the better.

Thanks again!