uniqs

DaDawgs
Premium Member
join:2010-08-02
Deltaville, VA

DaDawgs to rconaway8

Premium Member

to rconaway8

Re: How many times have you seen this...

said by rconaway8:

As I stated very explicitly, the speeds I'm delivering in this environment are for a suburban deployment, not rural. If you are rural, you don't have that much wireline competition. If you do, it's a different deployment model.

Assumption made by a suburban guy who has no rural experience.
said by rconaway8:

If wireline is delivering 10Mbps to somebody who is 10 miles from a main road in the middle of nowhere, then wireless is probably not going to be as competitive. 7% of the population is rural, the other 93% are in the cities and suburbs.

Not sure where you get that number. I just found an article that says it is 16% rural and 84% urban but the point is well taken.
said by rconaway8:

WISPs have figured out multiple ways to deal with those markets. It's not the market I'm interested in. If you read the multitudes of articles I've written, more specifically the last 3, you can see that I'm directly focused on being a competitor against wireline providers. When someone starts the discussion that their territory is being overrun with wireline and they have trouble competing, then I'm assuming they are closer to higher density areas than 50 acre lots.

Well that is an assumption you can't make. I am intimately familiar with the OPs county as I was the first broadband provider in that county in January 2009. You don't have so much experience in various areas that it is safe for you to make these assumptions. That is why I do not read the articles you are so fond of touting here. I study content provided by people who have decades of experience in this business because I can learn from them.
said by rconaway8:

We are arguing apples and oranges. I state my cases in my articles and you pick and choose comparisons that aren't even directly related. I made an assumption on the environment and you naturally assumed I'm comparing New York to deepest darkest Africa to come up with a sarcastic response. Since you seem to enjoy the drive by attack that fits your narrative, please put out your technical and financial model which makes the most sense for deployments that you have experience in. Then we can analyze your position to see if it is feasible. I've stated mine, I practice what I write about, and hopefully have helped others along the way.

I hope you have helped others along the way as well. I know I have. I'm not attacking you. I am suggesting to you that maybe you have an issue which prevents you from hearing all the other brilliant voices who post here, just as I once did.

The WISP community is a vibrant community which has been growing since Marlon first figured out and explained to many of us how to do dry pair DSL circuits. There are a *LOT* of people who read this forum who remember that time because they were already figuring out and DESIGNING the specs for PoE. They were already figuring out and DESIGNING APs which resided at the top of the tower rather than the bottom. You my young friend stand on the shoulders of GIANTS and you haven't even noticed their ears yet. :P But it is all good. Just remember there are a few old farts in here who might be able to help you along the way also.
DaDawgs

DaDawgs

Premium Member

said by DaDawgs:

I hope you have helped others along the way as well. I know I have. I'm not attacking you. I am suggesting to you that maybe you have an issue which prevents you from hearing all the other brilliant voices who post here, just as I once did.

The WISP community is a vibrant community which has been growing since Marlon first figured out and explained to many of us how to do dry pair DSL circuits. There are a *LOT* of people who read this forum who remember that time because they were already figuring out and DESIGNING the specs for PoE. They were already figuring out and DESIGNING APs which resided at the top of the tower rather than the bottom. You my young friend stand on the shoulders of GIANTS and you haven't even noticed their ears yet. :P But it is all good. Just remember there are a few old farts in here who might be able to help you along the way also.

Expand your moderator at work