how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

mlabate

join:2007-09-03
USA
reply to Nubiatech

Re: Prices going up 20% starting next month/new year.

According to the wording that sounds like the rate increase is only on TV related services, does it mention anything about Internet prices?

Nubiatech
soy capitan

join:2007-09-02
Chicago, IL
kudos:1

No mention of internet prices, just the whole bill going up, no itemization offered. I have Tivo Premiere Signature + Internet.
--
puo uo oo

rcncares
Emilie
Premium,VIP
join:2012-01-04
Gainesville, VA

If you would like to private message the name on your account to me, I can take a look.

Emilie

Nubiatech
soy capitan

join:2007-09-02
Chicago, IL
kudos:1

Hi Emilie,
Thanks for offering to take a look; but at this point, I am looking into other options.

Thanks.
--
puo uo oo

SidR

join:2010-03-19

Here in DC, I see that my bill just went up 10%. Over time, I've lowered my services to keep my monthly bill the same (switched from Premier pack, to Premier sports, and now nothing Premier), but now RCN's rates are totally out of whack with FIOS, and probably with Comcast too. RCN ought to learn that as consumers we have choices. I told the RCN rep about FIOS's rates ($15 less per month without any negotiating with Verizon, plus if I sign a contract a $300 gift card, though I don't know if I'll do the contract), all she could offer back was saving about $3 per month by switching from 2 TiVos to one Multiroom-Tivo and another box. The inflexibility of the phone support on pricing is going to start hurting RCN. Verizon's rollout of FIOS is continuing pretty quickly through DC (where Verizon committed to a large footprint for FIOS years ago with the District government), and while I might have paid a small premium for RCN service over Comcast, if anything I'd pay a small premium for FIOS service over RCN. Best, Sid

jcjost

join:2004-08-21
Bethesda, MD

I'm in the same position (Bethesda, MD) with an 8% price hike for TV and Internet. My wife got nowhere speaking to the RCN telephone reps and is pushing to switch to Verizon/FIOS. I would really prefer not to, but then my salary hasn't increased by 8%.

John