|reply to odog |
Re: [VA] Frequent, Short Disruptions in Connectivity
Yes, I saw you pinged me for 35 minutes, and thanks!
I get a latency problem every 13 minutes or so, long enough that for 6 seconds, I cannot access the internet.
I have tested this in a number of ways:
- Wired to my Airport Extreme router
- Wired direct to the Moto SB6141 modem
- Wired to the tech's Netgear modem/router combo instead of my own router & modem
- Wired to tech's Netgear modem/router with Carbonite disabled
- Wired to tech's Netgear modem/router with Norton Disabled
- Wired to tech's Netgear modem/router from a laptop that does not run carbonite or Norton
- From a Mac instead of a PC
I should mention that I have used both a program that cycles its pings through a set of servers, as well as the tech's preferred method of simply pinging google from the command line.
In call cases, about every 13 minutes, I lose connectivity long enough to not be able to load an internet page. Some of these pings come back, but latency is so high that for 6-8 seconds I am effectively disconnected.
My son keeps getting dropped for Leauge of Legends server, and his team is ready to kick him out.
The tech that visited has promised a to set up a check from a plant supervisor, but I have not heard anything.