Search similar:

uniqs
CanadianGuy
join:2012-05-28
Nepean, ON

1 edit

CanadianGuy

Provisioning issue (fixed)

My transfer from Roger was supposed to happen today (dec 21). Rogers cut my Internet access early this morning and I have been stuck in the walled garden ever since. I have called in to support a couple of times through the day and have been told to wait. I have now waited 12hours since being cut off from Rogers. Is there any way to get this transfer finished??

rocca
Start.ca
Premium Member
join:2008-11-16
London, ON

rocca

Premium Member

Re: Provisioning issue

Can you PM me your name or account #?
CanadianGuy
Nepean, ON

CanadianGuy

PM sent

rocca
Start.ca
Premium Member
London, ON

rocca

Premium Member

Thanks, replied.
CanadianGuy
Nepean, ON

CanadianGuy

Just to let everyone know, things have been fixed. Rogers had messed up my transfer date and Rocca get it all sorted out for me.

Thanks again Rocca.

Connection and speeds are great! Glad I made the switch.

rocca
Start.ca
Premium Member
London, ON

rocca

Premium Member

My pleasure, thanks for your patience and welcome aboard!

jmck
formerly 'shaded'
join:2010-10-02
Ottawa, ON

jmck

Hey rocca,

I was about to switch to Start a few days ago when i found out i had to schedule termination for my existing service from another TPIA and that 10 days is required for the termination/new order with Start.

Is there any way around this to speed it up? If i place an order through the website after getting the termination date will it go through Rogers automatically or does someone on your side have to submit the order manually? I guess i'm trying to figure out if I need to leave a few extra days of processing with the holidays/vacation.

rocca
Start.ca
Premium Member
London, ON

rocca

Premium Member

The modem is the biggest variable, do you own your own modem currently or are you renting it with your current ISP?

jmck
formerly 'shaded'
Ottawa, ON

jmck

I currently own the modem and it's currently enabled on the TPIA i'm on, it's a Rogers approved Thomson 476.
jmck

jmck

rocca, is start able to take/place orders during the holidays? still looking at switching.

rocca
Start.ca
Premium Member
London, ON

rocca

Premium Member

Yes we're open every day, reduced hours today and the 1st but otherwise business as normal.

jmck
formerly 'shaded'
Ottawa, ON

jmck

Hey rocca, I didn't end up being able to reach anyone during the holidays. I'm still looking at switching but I have a feeling I'll have to stay with my current TPIA for another month unless the 10 days required for a move can ignored.

As mentioned I have my own DMC 476 modem and I'm month to month with it ending/needing to be renewed on the 10th.

rocca
Start.ca
Premium Member
London, ON

rocca

Premium Member

Sorry not able to do anything to change the 10 day transfer window.

jmck
formerly 'shaded'
Ottawa, ON

jmck

ok thanks, i'll just be switching over next month then.