All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs

Pollux7777
join:2010-02-16
Saint Paul, MN

Pollux7777 to Caelharrad

to Caelharrad

Re: Speculation: What does it take to be #1?

Haha ya, you are over reacting. I think you read a little too much into the question, bud.

Pretty much ALL of those factors have EVERYTHING to do with "success" at wow. The only slightly racist thing that one could possibly mistakenly infer from what I said was the fact that I listed white as one of the possible traits. I listed that for two reasons. Like 80% of the people I know who play WoW are white males, and many of the top guilds are European, which is predominantly white. In no way did I suggest that white people are superior, but for some reason you latched onto that. As far as age, housing status and geographical location, well those all make a big difference in this case. I don't know of any poor Kenyan 8 year olds who are in raiding guilds. Likewise, having great eye-hand reflexes doesnt mean squat if you are a 35 year old famiy man with a mortgage and kids and can only play a couple hours a week.

I guess what my original question was, "who are the elite players, and what kinds of lives do they have that allow them to dedicate their lives to warcraft?"
Pollux7777

Pollux7777

Follow up: I'm also curious about the very best guilds recruiting practices. I imagine they recruite worldwide. So does that mean that exceptional american players get recruited into the top european guilds and vice versa? If so, does the latency affect their performance? Or do guilds pretty much stick to their global area (ie Asian guilds stick together, European guilds together, etc)