share rss forum feed

kilrathi
Premium
join:2005-04-22
Rockaway Park, NY

1 edit
reply to kilrathi

Re: NYC - Rockaway Park - upstream speed nearly dead

Wow tymoney you had this going for over a month? Have u managed to get plant tech to check whats going on? I sure as hell hope this wont continue because this is total bs as far as 50/5 service. I have to copy my replies even here before i submit because sometimes it times out when i click post now, barely able to browse pages. I seen some T3 timeout errors now too which corresponds to upstream problem, however level 3 did tell me the upstream snr was fine so I am at a loss as to whats going on. I hope its something on time warner network/routing itself. This is quite horrible, I cannot download anything unless u think dial up speeds are fine, I cannot chat with my buddies or stream on twitch due to no upstream and packet loss, Barely able to open pages, sometimes takes forever, Unable to play any games really due to excessive packet loss on the upstream and almost no upstream speed. When I traceroute I see a lot of * on the tw network routers randomily everywhere, before today when I did that it used to be all fast and clean as well. Again modem itself shows signals steady all in perfect readings, but there are t3 timeout errors popping up, assuming I believe the level 3 tech when he read my upstream snr to be 30 then thats all good as well... so I am lost as to whats going on. But one thing is certain currently this is horrible, plus you cannot get a tech until after first week of january..... which is like are they serious?

I will be looking for time warner trucks around area for next few days to see if I can hunt someone down and hopefully take a look at whats going on here in queens and time warner.
After all I am on "Ultimate Internet 50/5" that was working fine until today since October 20.

VisualWare speedtest:
»mcsiad.visualware.com/myspeed/db···d=992903

Further, now my modem log is also full of these errors:

Dec 21 2012 21:50:45 3-Critical R02.0 No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=#############;CMTS-MAC=############;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
Dec 21 2012 21:50:32 3-Critical D02.0 DHCP FAILED - Request sent, No response;CM-MAC=###############;CMTS-MAC=#############;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
Dec 21 2012 21:50:12 3-Critical R02.0 No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=#############;CMTS-MAC=###########;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
Dec 21 2012 21:49:55 3-Critical I02.0 REG RSP not received;CM-MAC=###########;CMTS-MAC=###########;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
Dec 21 2012 21:49:55 4-Error I271.0 T6 Timeout and retries exceeded;CM-MAC=##:##:##:##:##:##;CMTS-MAC=##:##:##:##:###:##;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
(commented mac addressed out of course)

These results however are not very reliable because it takes me about 5 tests to actually have a test finish as usually they just freeze "connecting" on upstream part and its usually just a burst of speed and rest of the time is flat 0.