how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

gvmetchikian

join:2000-04-04
Winnetka, CA

TWC Hotspots Not Available to Earthlink Customers

After a long attempt to get onto the TWC WiFi hotspots in my area I got a confirmation from L3 Tech support at TWC that Earthlink customers do not get access to the TWC Hotspots. The hotspots require a RoadRunner email address to log in. Earthlink customers have to purchase access passes to get access.

Also, Standard Internet is the only option. None of the higher speed options are available to Earthlink customers.

Earthlink should work on those agreements if they want to delay their eventual death even more.

If anyone has any other information or methods to get a RR email address. It would be appreciated.

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium
join:2001-11-25
Orchard Park, NY
kudos:11

2 recommendations

"If anyone has any other information or methods to get a RR email address. It would be appreciated."

Switch to Time Warner!

Hob
--
"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

tonyram57

join:2001-11-08
Brooklyn, NY

I have Earthlink Standard. If I switched to Time Warner from Earthlink I would be paying about $20 more a month for the same speed.

Happydude32
Premium
join:2005-07-16
kudos:1

So then either pay the extra and switch to Time Warner or don’t complain. I find it funny how people want the benefits of TW but don’t want to pay anything extra for those benefits. There’s a reason why a dying company like Earthstink is able to charge a few dollars less than TWC, and it’s not because they like you.

Fleeced

join:2012-10-06
kudos:2
reply to gvmetchikian

Pretty sure TWC will offer you a promotion to switch which will have the prices close to what you were having with Earthlink.

tonyram57

join:2001-11-08
Brooklyn, NY

I have my Earthlink email address for over 10 years and have many accounts linked to it so I can't lose it.

PhoenixDown
FIOS is Awesome
Premium
join:2003-06-08
Fresh Meadows, NY
kudos:1

1 recommendation

reply to gvmetchikian

You can subscribe to Earthlink for email only and phase that out as you move your accounts over to your new TWC email or better yet an email that isn't locked to an ISP.

bidger

join:2009-12-23
Elmira, NY
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

1 recommendation

said by PhoenixDown:

...or better yet an email that isn't locked to an ISP.

That's the best approach IMO.