how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

sputnick

join:2010-10-01
Eagle, ID
reply to Pashune

Re: New Internet plans coming soon of some type...

I pay $70 no contract for business line 50/2 -Cable1. Caps are not enforced. You should call to see if they offer that in your area.

anonperson

@cableone.net
reply to liviorn
I do like how they have been doing well keeping the up time, hopefully they will think about at least boosting the cap up to 200-250MB range. Seeing all these articles of other communities getting "free" boosts in download speeds of nearly 200Mbps is depressing... feels like I'm in the stone age stuck at 10mbps for capless downloads.

liviorn

join:2009-06-21
Rio Rancho, NM
reply to Pashune
Any news, maybe. So I was using their first 50\2 mbit service since August of 2012, and I did not like it for the reason of being capped. I mean, it is fast, but capped. When I was making that phone call this week about web space thing I also asked technical support about their new plans and they have redirected me to sales office. Over there some nice lady told me that as of right now they are running this promotion thing where I would be able to get a 100GB limit (instead of my 50GB) for the same price I am paying right now ($50+taxes). So, I just said, "Sure, let's do that" These are the only news I have. They will probably lunch something new this summer, as usual. So I'll be patient as their service is the best one where I'm living right now. Plus, for the 3 or so years I am with them it has been like 98-99% up and running for sure.

Pashune
Caps stifle innovation
Premium
join:2006-04-14
Gautier, MS
reply to jasonkradiog
Any new updates on the plans so far?

Everyone on the FB page seems a lot more concerned about AMC, lol. They'll eventually reach a negotiation I'm sure.
--
CableOne 10m/1m

jasonkradiog

@cableone.net
reply to Pashune
No idea why they are so insistent on a cap. It seems like the network where I'm at is just fine. Just looks like total greed.

Pashune
Caps stifle innovation
Premium
Gautier, MS
reply to Neil66
Egads, I hope that's not their finalized AUP for the 'new' internet plan(s).

The caps are seriously killing it.
--
CableOne 10m/1m

Neil66

@cableone.net
reply to jasonkradiog
The new AUP updated on February 1 mentions a 15 Mbps "Surfing Internet" package with a 50GB cap and an 8am to midnight measurement period.

»www.cableone.net/Pages/internetaup.aspx

Pashune
Caps stifle innovation
Premium
Gautier, MS
reply to lordpuffer
It's still too early to tell what's going on. Those are the same plans I saw before. 50 meg with 50/100 GB cap and 5 meg.

Their FB support page insists the plans won't be ready until this Spring.
--
CableOne 10m/1m

lordpuffer
RIP lil
Premium
join:2004-09-19
Rio Rancho, NM
kudos:2
Reviews:
·CableOne
reply to John Patrick
said by John Patrick:

Hope this wasn't the change being talked about. The internet page on cableone.net shows just two options now. Standard at 5Mpbs and Streaming at 50Mpbs. Seem the lowest tier Economy at 1.5Mpbs not advertised any more. Guess this might fit with the new common sense advertising but sure not what i was looking for was hoping for a speed jump in tiers instead.

The page on their site also says "more choices." Where are they?

John Patrick

join:2001-06-07
Sioux City, IA
Reviews:
·CableOne
reply to jasonkradiog
Hope this wasn't the change being talked about. The internet page on cableone.net shows just two options now. Standard at 5Mpbs and Streaming at 50Mpbs. Seem the lowest tier Economy at 1.5Mpbs not advertised any more. Guess this might fit with the new common sense advertising but sure not what i was looking for was hoping for a speed jump in tiers instead.

bastage

join:2011-02-14
Kuna, ID
reply to jasonkradiog
230-300gb for 50 bucks while still a hell of alot better isnt really good enough..

Now the extra 10 bucks is essentially overage billed at 10 bucks per 250gb then it sounds like a good enough deal to make me switch from the 10mbit plan.

That would be 50 a month for base & then another 30 bucks in overage if you downloaded 1tb at a peak in a month.. So 80 bucks rather then the existing business plan to cover that at 230..

Its already been proven that isp's pay next to nothing for the bandwidth so even at these reasonable overage rates they would still be making profit

rekd0514

join:2009-03-24
North Sioux City, SD
reply to jasonkradiog
I noticed one thing. I have a cablecard with an HDHomerun Prime and it seems we have finally switched to digital on the main 0-100 channels in Sioux City, IA. My Prime picked them up on a recent channel scan I did in WMC.

CB167

@cableone.net
reply to jasonkradiog
really hoping for a new plan. My 5M plan just sucks and I'm pretty sick of how slow it is. If they raise the cap for the 50M plan to over 250GB, I'll buy it. But 100GB is just too low, I hit 150-220 GB every month easily.

Pashune
Caps stifle innovation
Premium
Gautier, MS
reply to jasonkradiog
Something that concerns me though is if C1 will still revert your 50 meg speeds down to 5 meg after your contract is up.. ? Will there be a similar issue with the newer plans? Very worrying.
--
CableOne 10m/1m

lordpuffer
RIP lil
Premium
Rio Rancho, NM
reply to jasonkradiog
Am I to assume that if the rumors turn out to be true, CableOne will lower my monthly rate to $60 and I get an extra 200GB?

Right now, I pay $70 per month (naked Internet) for the 50MB service with a 100GB cap. I have no contract.

Pashune
Caps stifle innovation
Premium
Gautier, MS
Reviews:
·Vonage
·CableOne
reply to anonymousguy
said by anonymousguy :

small correct to the above, I think it was actually 250GB for $50 and for $10 more 300gb

more then enough for me as I average about 200GB on my 10mbit between gaming, music downloading and movie watching (also I think the 6am till noon? no quota usage thing is in effect for it...?

I'm hoping it's the same. I could do REALLY well with 300 GB; I download around 200 GB on average every month, more or less depending on how busy I am.

If they omit the off-peak times (12am, etc.) and don't count them against the cap, it'd be great.
--
CableOne 10m/1m

anonymousguy

@cableone.net
reply to jasonkradiog
Ouch that is alot per month, and I thought I was active keeping up with nearly a dozen anime shows per month.

small correct to the above, I think it was actually 250GB for $50 and for $10 more 300gb

more then enough for me as I average about 200GB on my 10mbit between gaming, music downloading and movie watching (also I think the 6am till noon? no quota usage thing is in effect for it...?

jasonkradiog

@cableone.net
reply to anonymousguy
In some months, I have been known to have a full 1TB download. Not every month but it has happened. And that's not even a max of the connection. The 10 plan could do a lot more downloading than that. But I'm not trying to max things out. I'm just an active user.

So a 50GB bump does nothing. Sounds like I'll be on the 10 forever.

anonymousguy

@cableone.net
reply to jasonkradiog
Well the rumor mill is...!
(note this is rumors!)

this is the "internet only" plan (no bundle for savings/extra download etc)
50MB plan will be bumped to 200GB/month cap at $50
for $10 more you can do 250GB/month

unknown upload speed presuming 1MB still

jasonkradiog

@cableone.net
reply to mGr
A little more upload would be nice too. Yes, not as important as download but still, with all these new cloud services...

Why are they stuck on 1s and 2s up? Blah. :/

mGr

join:2012-07-01
Columbus, MS
reply to lordpuffer
Ditto. As I am stuck on the 5m plan. Hoping they would offer some different tiers like before. Instead of this all or nothing bs. Would like to see as far as new tiers: 5m(economy), 15m(standard), 35m(performance) 50m(extreme). Pricing: 25, 45, 55, 70. Can only dream though.

lordpuffer
RIP lil
Premium
Rio Rancho, NM
Reviews:
·CableOne
reply to Pashune
said by Pashune:

Now it's been a little while since C1 finally got their D3 network off the ground. More network capacity has been added, other things have been tweaked.. it's time for bigger caps (or no caps) and more, diverse internet plans.

I agree with you 100%. I'm looking forward to what the "New Internet Plans" bring.

jasonkradiog

@cableone.net
reply to Pashune
I stayed on the grandfathered 10 plan too. Really feel sorry for those new folks stuck on a 5 plan. I don't think I would upgrade to ANY plan with a cap so I don't know why I'm looking forward to their new plan announcements but I guess, like you, I remain hopeful. I do not see any reason for Cable One to institute a cap. The network has never seemed bogged down to me. Maybe other areas are different or they are just being too overly cautious.

I'd agree to pay a bit more for an uncapped 50 or so but I haven't upgraded to one of the $150+ business plans yet. That's too much more than the $53 I'm paying now. Has to be an in-between somewhere.

Pashune
Caps stifle innovation
Premium
Gautier, MS
Reviews:
·Vonage
·CableOne
reply to jasonkradiog
Sounds interesting. Hopefully they heard our voices on the low caps and lack of speed choices. My 10 meg grandfathered plan is sufficient because it's not paired with a 50 or a 100 GB cap and for some reason or another, is never throttled despite my heavy downloading.

Looking forward to the announcements. Other ISPs like the Comcast giant have actually increased their caps from what I've heard and in other markets, they've suspended the 250 GB cap.

Now it's been a little while since C1 finally got their D3 network off the ground. More network capacity has been added, other things have been tweaked.. it's time for bigger caps (or no caps) and more, diverse internet plans.
--
CableOne 10m/1m

jasonkradiog

@cableone.net
The Facebook guy is awfully chatty lately if you read the posts by others in his replies about new Internet plans. See these from within the last week or so:

Cable ONE Hi Casey - sorry you're having issues with your internet. Have you called our 24/7 Customer Care line at 1-877-692-2253 to troubleshoot? Also, we hope to have good news regarding internet plans soon!

Cable ONE Hey Casey - we remember what it's like to be a broke college student, so we understand your frustration! As we mentioned above, we hope to have good news regarding internet plans very soon, so hang in there with us!

And this guy, who I can only assume is an employee?:

Tayler Stuart Hey Christopher - I remember what it's like to be in Idaho, so I understand your frustration! As I mentioned before, I hope to have good new regarding Idaho plans very soon, so hang in there with me!