how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

mdmower

join:2011-06-21
Columbia, MO

[Cable TV] DCX700 No Signal

I have a Motorola DCX700 set top box connected to my LG 42LD550 TV via HDMI. Often, when I switch to another input on the TV then come back to the HDMI input, no signal is received by the TV (only the set top box is connected via HDMI). The only solution I've found is to unplug/re-plug the power cable from the DCX700. No amount of changing TV inputs, turning devices on/off with their normal power buttons, or even disconnecting/reconnecting the HDMI cable resolves the issue. Only unplugging the set top box works. Could this be an issue that would be resolved with a firmware update to the DCX700?

Anonymous
Premium
join:2004-06-01
IA
kudos:2
Motorola DCTs are usually pretty good when it comes to HDMI. You can try a different cable or another DCT.
--
I speak for myself, not my employer.

mdmower

Columbia, MO
When the problem occured again today, I swapped in RGB component cables. Audio was fed through the red/white RCA cables, but no video was coming through the RGB cables. I really think this box is responsible.

IowaGuy

@mchsi.com
Kind of sounds like your box is going out on you if you swapped from HDMI to component and still had the same issue.

I'd suggest taking the DCT down to the office and asking for a swap of the DCT.

mdmower

Columbia, MO
I will do this. Out of curiosity, do the offices stock more than one model of set top box?

Anonymous
Premium
join:2004-06-01
IA
kudos:2
Depends. Usually at the end of the year Mediacom has major supply issues when it comes to equipment. If they have HD equipment they will give you whatever DCT they have. Different sizes, color is either silver or black but all most likely refurbished.

Older Pace HD DCTs (silver) have a high rate of HDMI port failure.
--
I speak for myself, not my employer.