Ghastlyone
Premium Member
join:2009-01-07
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone to Krisnatharok

Premium Member

to Krisnatharok

Re: Firefall public beta weekend

Me and Kris just played for probably a couple hours. What a cool ass game. I can see this one getting completely addictive. We also did 1 PVP battleground, which was very neat. Being able to fly with boosters gave the PVP a whole different feel.

The game ran relatively smooth for the most part. I got some chugging here and there when there were a lot of enemies and other players on the screen. You could tell the game engine still needs some tweaking. I'm sure some video drivers would help also.

It took me a good 20min or so to get the hang of the UI and what was going on. After that, I think it was smooth sailing.

If they're going to have some kind of dungeons or raids with full squad groups, this game will be epic.

This shit is completely tossing Planet Side 2 up.

Moos
Tequilablob
Premium Member
join:2008-12-11
Salt Lake City, UT

Moos

Premium Member

Wait till you get into crafting!
Moos

Moos to Ghastlyone

Premium Member

to Ghastlyone
I think the PVE is going to be more Dynamic like guild wars. Not sure if they will have dungeons/raids or not, but who knows! I have been part of some pretty large groups where we ran around and killed chosen/took back our territory which was a lot of fun. The tornadoes are a little bit crazy.

Once you get to tier 2 you can craft different weapons to customize your character to your liking. The crafting is setup very well and can be pretty complex. If you visit the firefall forum page there is a lot of info on how it works. So far I have been really impressed.

The PVP is a lot of fun. The added element of having to worry about someone above/below you throw a new dynamic on pvp!

I AM
Premium Member
join:2010-04-11
Ephrata, PA

I AM

Premium Member

I've gotten enough of the gameplay to satisfy my beta needs. I don't want to delve to deep unless we can keep beta toons I made that mistake before in games. It's more fun to take it all in when it is released. But the game feels and plays great.

VioletVenom
Lets go Gators
Premium Member
join:2002-01-02
Gainesville, FL

VioletVenom

Premium Member

said by Phobos: Community Manager :
Hey folks,

As an addition to the awesome content and great gameplay in this new milestone. We are also pleased to announce that we will no longer be wiping XP from characters. Play to your heart's content and know that you won't have to start over again.

Should there be any issues with tech trees or equipment, we may reset your tree and then refund your XP so that you can respend it as you see fit. Thanks for playing!

Fiftycals
join:2010-02-16
El Paso, TX

Fiftycals

So no more EXP wipes? Does this mean we get to keep our characters once the beta is over? And one more question, is it still only beta weekends, or is it all week now?

VioletVenom
Lets go Gators
Premium Member
join:2002-01-02
Gainesville, FL

VioletVenom

Premium Member

No more exp wipes, which essentially means we get to keep our characters. The game is 24/7 for founders, who get 5 invites to give out that are "permanent" invites.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

Thanks to whoever sent me an invite for this, I just created my account will download when I get back home, it is going to be a good way to spend the holidays. I will post my User ID when I get it.

What do you think of the founder packs?

Right now they are 25% discounted so you can get the max level for $75 until Jan 1st I believe.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

I had asked Moos See Profile to send you one, because you were off playing Alliance ballerina characters in pink with pixies last night.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

Thanks Moos!

Thanks for keeping me distracted away from the Steam sale.

So many games!