how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Ellen098

join:2003-05-04
united state

Kapersky Pure Int. Sec, Spybot, & Malwarebytes

I upgraded Kapersky Pure Internet Security to the latest version, 12.0.2.733 & as part of the installation, it deleted Spybot ver. 1.62. Do the programs really conflict & if so, how? I've used Spybot with the previous version of Kapersky without a problem, and previously, I had used it with other Internet Security programs without problems.

OTOH, Malwarebytes seems to conflict with Kapersky if it's running in the background. It recently upgraded to ver. 1.65.1 & since then, my system crashes if MB is one of the start-up programs. Has anyone else had a problem with this?

norwegian
Premium
join:2005-02-15
Outback

This was a sales/support decision made by Kaspersky to help eliminate support tickets. Malware tools need to be trusted to allow correct functions and/or turned off while scanning with other malware.

There is an installer function to bypass the malware utility check. However just installing the tools after Kaspersky and then creating rules across all the software to trust other malware tools will help avoid conflicts - but remember to allow tools to scan correctly, other tools need to be turned off, do not scan with MBAM or Spybot with KIS enabled etc, so that they can be effective at their job.
--
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke

Ellen098

join:2003-05-04
united state
Norwegian,

Thanks for the info. in your reply. I've now reinstalled Spybot & both programs seem to be working fine.